5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2010 4:22 AM by nealeh

Slowing down the Roll/Crawl option

Paul787 Level 3

This is the first time I'm adding a roll at the end of a project. I can set up the Default Roll with no problems, but don't understand the steps to slow it down. And once it is on a clip, I seem to lose the ability to edit  the Roll anymore. Any tips?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Slowing down the Roll/Crawl option
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Just stretch it longer on your timeline.

The longer a rolling title is, the slower it will roll.

• 2. Re: Slowing down the Roll/Crawl option
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Paul,

If that does not get you exactly where you want to be, you can remove the Roll/Crawl Preset, leaving it Static, then Keyframing the fixed Effect>Motion>Position to suit your needs. The Presets just make things easy, and Steve's suggestion is very likely to do what you want. My suggestion does require more work, but that is how I animate Titles. Can't recall the last time that I found a Preset that did exactly what I wanted.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I tend to shy away from the "Easy Button."   [Part of an ad campaign for Office Depot, a US office supply chain.]

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Slowing down the Roll/Crawl option
              Paul787 Level 3

Thanks Steve, that does the trick. I think my real problem was it took me half an hour until I discovered that the credits were on video track 2.

Can I still edit the text? That I can't seem to do without redoing the whole list of credits.

Bill, I'm just getting into keyframing; such as keyframing an individual scene adjusting the lighting at various points, so I'll give your suggestions a try on a future project. Slowly more and more of this NLE stuff begins making sense.

This project (8 hours of video edited down to 25 minutes) has taken a lot of work. I'm really happy with how it is working out though and the help here has been great.

• 4. Re: Slowing down the Roll/Crawl option
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Paul,

Good luck with your Project. Do take the time, when possible, to explore Keyframing. Though you have what you need here (Thanks Steve), there is a whole new world of animating, awaiting you - just a few Keyframes away!

Hunt

• 5. Re: Slowing down the Roll/Crawl option
                  nealeh Level 5

Paul787 wrote:

This project (8 hours of video edited down to 25 minutes) has taken a lot of work.

Make sure you save a backup copy regularly (use a different filename to make backup copies - don't worry, this does not duplicate your actual video files). There is another thread where a user found his most recent version would no longer work properly and he had to load from an earlier version.

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful