2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2006 11:19 AM by Newsgroup_User

Create a flutter effect with AS

aniebel Level 2
      I am trying to write a class file that extends the mc class and I'm trying to figure out how to rotate the mc back and forth to simulate a flutter whenever it's "hit" by another mc. So far, I've created public functions that will occur with hittest but I can't figure out how to do the action. My best guess is use setinterval but, to be honest, I've been studying that for months now and it's still not crystal clear to me on how to use it. Therefore, I don't get how to use this interval to rotate a clip one way... then rotate it back to the original rotation without it happening so fast that it can't be seen.

If setinterval is the right way to go with this, can someone please explain how it works for this application? I've pointed out in my class script where I'm having problems but I'm sure I've got other problems as well. (work out one at a time)
        • 1. Re: Create a flutter effect with AS
          aniebel Level 2
          Ok, so I've changed the class definition but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm not getting a rotation at all. It works when I set the first action to change the alpha but doesn't when it's rotation. What gives?
          I have a mc named "wind_mc" tweening across the "leaf_mc".

The Actionscrip 2.0 class for the movieclip that the "leaf1_mc" is an instance of is set to "Leaf" .

On frame one, I import my class and instantiate my mc:
          import Leaf;
          leaf1_mc.flutter(leaf1_mc, wind1_mc);

My class:
          • 2. Re: Create a flutter effect with AS
            Level 7
            aniebel,

> Ok, so I've changed the class definition but it doesn't seem
            > to be working. I'm not getting a rotation at all. It works
            > when I set the first action to change the alpha but doesn't
            > when it's rotation. What gives?

kglad gave you sample code in that other thread you have your eye on,
            "Tween Issues - onMotionFinished() loops." :)

David Stiller
            Adobe Community Expert
            Dev blog, http://www.quip.net/blog/
            "Luck is the residue of good design."