1 2 Previous Next 66 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2010 5:11 PM by Harm Millaard

How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?

theGadgetGuy Level 1

When one does a PIP (Picture-in-Picture) insert . . .

pip.png

... that has been trimmed out of a larger image, is it possible get a feathered edge around the PIP without using the Track Matte Key function?  The Feather function only works on the edges of the original (large) image and never reaches into the PIP edges.  Worse the Feather only has a single control parameter so it is not possible to adjust its effects other than perfectly symmetrical (and in the case of the example above, the image showing was clipped from a location way off center in the original). 

(Adobe please take note, there really needs to be a more versatile feather function.  Indeed it would be nice to have a 'feather' control option associated with the Clip function).

I have tried various placements of the Transform and Clip functions but can't achieve a PIP feathering.

Is there a simple way to do this without resorting to a Track Matte?

• 1. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

The easiest way I know is to use Pixelan SpiceMaster.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
            Colin Brougham Level 6

You can achieve this (I'll let you determine how simple it is) using Linear Wipe; it's found in Video Effects > Transitions (not Video Transitions--different animal). Basically, you apply the effect four times, setting each one to a different Wipe Angle (0, 90, 180, 270), adjust the Transition Completion parameter to something other than 0% (this determines how deep the crop is), and then adjust the Feather parameter to get your desired amount of softness. It's a little clunky, but with CS4, you can save multiple effects in an effect preset, so if you know you're going to use the same effect repeatedly, just set it up once and create a preset. The crop/feather will travel with the clip if you adjust the Position and Scale parameters, since they're applied pre-transform.

Here's one I created with a 10% crop and 50 pixel feather: Crop_10_Feather_50. Apply it, adjust to taste, and save as your own preset.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
              theGadgetGuy Level 1

Harm Millaard wrote:

The easiest way I know is to use Pixelan SpiceMaster.

Harm --

Thanks for the info!  I was not aware of SpiceMaster, but in visiting their web site I see it offers the many things I have missed since abandoning Vegas for Premier. 

I just bought the full bundle and am expecting to dig in with excitement as soon as the downloads finishes.

Thanks for the heads up.  This looks like it could save me a lot of time and effort and produce the softer look I like.

• 4. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                Harm Millaard Level 7

The drawback is, that it is another plug-in to buy, but it works so easy with such flexibility, that IMO it far outweighs the correct, but convoluted ways that Colin described. Colin and Ans are often right on how to do things in PR natively, but I find some plug-ins make your life so much easier.

The thing is, Pixelan is great and pretty easy to use, but if you ever have any problem, you send a mail and you will have a good response within 24 hours, often even within a couple of hours. Michael Feerer is the founder and he really watches over his clients. He is a fantastic guy. That kind of support should be an example for Adobe.

• 5. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                  Colin Brougham Level 6

Convoluted?!??! P-shaw! I just use Premiere Pro the way nature intended...

I do recommend Pixelan, though--on this, I agree with you, Harm. I don't have SpiceMaster, but I've got 3D Six Pack and just recently purchased AnyFX--they're both great, and are extremely versatile for the $29 I paid for each. Yeah, Red Giant and other effect foundries might have more sex appeal, but when it comes to bang-for-the-buck, Pixelan can't be beat.

• 6. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                    Harm Millaard Level 7

Colin,

What I meant is that you approach is guite correct and works, but first it requires four effects, one for each side with all the individual settings. If you want to increase the featherling later on, you need to modify all 4 effects, if you want to have elliptical or diamond like feathering, it takes quite some time to achieve. That is what I mean by convoluted, since it really is extremely easy with SpiceMaster. Only one effect to change, one Spice file to change and you are done.

I agree it can be done in PR, but in no way as easy and fast as with SpiceMaster.

• 7. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                      Colin Brougham Level 6

Oh, I know--I was just kidding with you. Hence the -->

And I agree--it's a dumb workaround, and I certainly wouldn't advocate it for anyone but the most budget-concious and masochistic editors out there... like me

• 8. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                        theGadgetGuy Level 1

Harm --

I have installed Pixelan but am buffaloed at the moment, as it isn't working the way I expect.  I'm sure I just missed something but I can't discover what it is.

For a simple trial test I just dragged the Pixelan effect to a single picture all by itself on the Premier timeline.  Pixelan defaults to the 50% point on the effect and I left it alone so the iris is half closed (ie,   I am totally at the default [circular iris] opening settings for Pixelan).

Nothing shows in the Pixelan Preview window at the top left. The Premier Preview window displays the opening conditions of the Pixelan effect.  Pixelan just displays the transparent checkerboard image, but no background or matte images or the final effect is shown there.  Playing the Pixelan timeline does nothing either.  If I modify the effect (change the feather or move the mask) nothing anywhere changes visibly, but when I OK the Pixelan effect and it exits, then the results show up on the Premier Preview.

It can't believe there is no Preview functionality (makes it pretty tough to use without!) but I sure can't get it going.

Any pointers here you can share?

BTW -- my computer shouldn't be an issue.  I"m running a 3.3GHz i7 with 8GB of RAM under Windows7.  Everything else works OK.

• 9. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                          Harm Millaard Level 7

Open the Effect Controls panel and click on the setup icon on the SpiceMaster effect. Then you see a screen like this:

15-2-2010 21-40-55.jpg

Keep in mind that the horizontal axis represents the length of the clip and the vertical axis the progression of the spice. By default it starts at 0, meaning no spice, and at the end 100%, meaning full spice effect. If you want to feather, you probably want that applied to the whole clip, so beginning and end point of the line at the same height, like in the image above.

You can easily go for animated effects too, like in this image:

15-2-2010 21-56-11.jpg

by simply using keyframes. Just dare to experiment. If you have any questions after experimenting, please ask. One thing, SpiceMaster shows only a preview of the clip, with the checkerboard indicating the transparency. To see what it looks like with all the other tracks in your timeline you have to click the OK button and use the PR program monitor.

• 10. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Harm,

I agree that Pixelan Spice is a great tool. I got the rec. from you, and even gave you props for that, when Pixelan e-mailed me, asking how I heard of them. They need to send you a box of new "spices."

I only wish that I had known of it, way back when I was doing a "dream sequence" piece, as it would have saved me many hours of work, and failed experiments. Now, I keep trying to talk everybody into letting me do a dream sequence for their videos.

Hunt

• 11. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                              theGadgetGuy Level 1

Harm -- thanks but that's my problem!  I don't get a screen like your example shows. 

My preview is always a blank checkered image with all the SpiceMaster effects.  The other effects in the value pak do show OK and SpiceMaster Transitions show, but for all effects the preview is blank and I have no real-time preview in Premier.  Only a frozen image at the moment I exit SpiceMaster.

I'm beginning to think it is a bad bug, or Windows7 or 64-bit  incompatibility.  I've emailed the Pixelan Help desk.  Hopefully they will have some idea of what is going on.

• 12. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                Harm Millaard Level 7

Like all effects, you have to drag and drop the SpcieMaster effect on a clip first before the screen opens up. I know this is a duuhh statement, but one never knows without looking over your shoulder.

• 13. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                  theGadgetGuy Level 1

Harm Millaard wrote:

Like all effects, you have to drag and drop the SpcieMaster effect on a clip first before the screen opens up.

Roger that!  I guess I just assumed it would be clear I was doing that, when I explained that all the other value-pak  Pixelan things worked.  Just none of the SpiceMaster effects.  SpiceMaster transitions yield previews, but all applications of it under the Video Effects collection do not yield any previews!

As I said, I'm thinking this must be a bug (I'm running a 64-bit i7 processor under Windows7 so may be pushing the applications compatibility envelopes).

• 14. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                    Harm Millaard Level 7

I'm running the same configuration. Are the spices installed in C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Pixelan/SpiceMASTER 2.5/Spices/ ?

Pay attention, my example was based of the effect, not the transition.

• 15. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                      theGadgetGuy Level 1

Harm Millaard wrote:

I'm running the same configuration. Are the spices installed in C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Pro CS4/Pixelan/SpiceMASTER 2.5/Spices/ ?

Pay attention, my example was based of the effect, not the transition.

Yes all of the spices files are installed correctly in exactly the path you document.

I understand your example was an "effect" example, as is my issue.  Only the effects are hosed.  The Transitions seem to work (at least with some simple testing) so far.

Thanks for trying.  I have little doubt that things are correct, except for the functioning of the durn thing!

• 16. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                        pixelan

Colin,

Sorry to hear of the frustration. The Premiere Pro SDK for plug-ins does not  allow only the effect version of a plug-in like SpiceMASTER (which is  masking to show any content in lower tracks) to show a built-in preview.  As you saw, when you click the green check mark in the SM window, then  Premiere's preview shows the result at that time. Most commonly, though,  SM is applied as a transition. In fact, 95% of what you can do via applying SM as an effect in the Premiere timeline you can do by applying it as a transition, too, and as you probably already know in PPro a transition can be extended to virtually the entire duration of a clip and be at either the head or tail without another clip overlapped even. Have you looked at the Please Read First  file that gives tips about applying SM as an effect vs. a transition in  Premiere Pro? That file appeared after your install but is also sitting  in the Start > Program Files > Pixelan > SpiceMASTER folder.

We have had thousands of happy SM users who love SM's functionality and  time-savings despite the effect preview limitation. In the bigger picture of what SM can do for you in terms of saving time and creating ultra-soft, seamless looks for clips, titles, etc... the limitation is a minor issue. Harm is one of those happy users -- btw, Harm, thanks for mentioning SM here in the forum. : )  But if that one limitation isn't doable for you, we will happily refund you. I can count on two hands the number of unhappy SM users we've had over the past ten years. So it doesn't happen often. I suggest using SM for a few more days in various situations before making a decision. Thanks!

If you have further questions... please email me directly at michael@pixelan.com

Sincerely,

Michael Feerer

Pixelan Software

http://www.pixelan.com

• 17. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                          pixelan Level 1

Just adding a clarification here... I didn't see some of the latter posts before writing my post above.  : )  The Premiere Pro SDK doesn't allow us to show the background (lower track) content when SM is applied as an effect. The example in a prior post shows that, too... the clip you apply SM to shows in the built-in preview plus checker boxes for the background area that is masked out. However, you say you are not seeing anything...foreground or background in the SM preview... it's all checkboxes for the entire clip's duration, right? That means something is wrong in your case. We are not aware of any Windows 7 or 64-bit incompatibilities, so that is likely not the issue. In the SM effect window, try choosing a saved setting by clicking the blue "Load Save Setting" button in the bottom black bar of the SM window... choose one and then see if that shows a proper preview result. If not, email attach directly to me a screen image of the SM window and PPro timeline showing that segment, then we will look into it and diagnose it further for you specifically. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Michael Feerer

Pixelan Software

http://www.pixelan.com

• 18. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Michael,

Thank you for the comments. Per Harm's recs. many years ago, I have been a very satisfied Pixelan user, though do have to admit that I am still on PrPro 2.0, so have had zero problems. My only complaint was that I did not get the rec. about 9 mos. earlier.

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 19. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                              Harm Millaard Level 7

Colin,

Here is a screenshot while using SM as a transition:

16-2-2010 11-08-56.jpg

No problem showing both clips.

• 20. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                Harm Millaard Level 7

Bill,

That is entirely my fault. I wasn't up to speed then...but I try to improve that.

• 21. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                  theGadgetGuy Level 1

Michael/Harm

Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to reply so throughly.  I know you probably get a lot of dingbat questions and it is hard to diagnose from a distance, but read my lips.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes again.  The spices are all installed in the correct Premier program folder, I have read, reread, and read again every manual and guide you publish and I have prowled thru too many blogs and forums to count since yesterday, seeking an answer.

I TOTALLY understand how the previews are supposed to work and the difference between effects and transitions.  I have been doing video editing since you had to cut, glue and splice film (and even 2' wide video tape).  In short, I have little doubt what this product should do vs what it is doing.

Since a pictures are worth a 1000-words let me show you again, but in more detail, what I'm experiencing.

Here is my Premier Pro-CS4 timeline

track.png

It is a simple two track situation (but even if I eliminate the lower background track I get the same results as I am about to demonstrate) where I want to PIP a part of the upper track over the lower.

Here is the Events tab for this cluster . . .

SM-Pwin.png

Note that all event functions are at the default and that SM has the default settings for the "Basic Setup-PIP Round" preload spice loaded.  I have changed nothing from the preload settings.  Note the preview window is empty except for the spice mask (barely seeable here but if one puts a border on the spice then it can be discerned).  If the Keyframe keys had been set to change over time and you scrub its window, then you can see the subtle changes of the spice matte in the preview window).  So the matte displays in the preview window, but nothing else.

At this point the Premier Program View window shows . . .

video2.png

This is the SM result from the last time it was exited with the Current Settings Applied.  Note it is NOT the round spice effect that SM is currently setup with.

When I exit and save from SM then the Premier window updates to the round spice.  Maybe that is how it is supposed to work, and that is OK if so, as long as SM can show a preview, but absolutely no preview capability makes for some pretty blind flying.

video.png

SO.  Bottom line, the spice effects do work (eventually) but there is absolutely no preview capability.  Of course this makes it hard to position the spice matte over the portion of the associated image where one wants to mask.  In this case, I don't want a centered mask, but one over the restaurant sign which is near the top right corner of the matted image above.

If I had applied the above SM effect to a transition, I WOULD get a preview in the SM preview window.  NOTE (as I've mentioned before) that I also DO GET previews with effects if I use something other than the SM effect.  For instance applying a Clean Crop effect yields . . .

cleancrop.png

The cropping effect does get previewed OK.

Also an observation, which I hope is part of my bigger bug as its effect is not desirable.  Note that in the last Premiew Program Preview image shown above with the round PIP mask that the PIP'ed image is highly blurred.  This happened when one tries to shrink the SM Matte Scale (which I set at 50% in this example).  This doesn't appear to just shrink the matte but to also make the revealed image highly blurry. Why does this happen?

Hope all this helps clarify what is happening.  As I said before, and say again, I believe all is correctly installed and being applied, but the results are DOA.

I'm glad to do any experiments, or assist in any way to help solve this.  I really like what I see in general but no previews are a show stopper for me.

Thanks

==============

PS - Another thing that may be related.  If I use the Transition spices (vs the Effects) then I do get previews OK.  For instance here is the rectangle PIP applied as a Transition effect to the entire video2 track in the above examples.

piping.png

Here I was able to define the Edges and move the matte around BUT I can only move the matte using the preview window drag action.  The slider controls have ZERO effect and do not track the actions in the preview window.  Note the previewed matte is at the lower left corner but the sliders are near the opposite corner.  When I save/exit from SM the matte will be positioned where shown in the preview window, not where the sliders are!

• 22. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                    Harm Millaard Level 7

Colin, I have no explanation, since here with identical settings like yours, it looks like this:

16-2-2010 14-07-13.jpg

I can start guessing about your DirectX version, video drivers and the like, but as you noticed yesterday Michael is already on this case and he will be much more effective in supporting you than I am. Let me say, I have never seen the problems you have and it baffles me.

Do take Michael's suggestion to heart and send him this post as well to his e-mail address. I'm confident he will help you greatly, but if it appears to be something hardware/OS/driver related issue, you can try my troubleshooting guide and submit the data requested in there. It may seem like a lot of info requested, but it does not take much time and maybe I can help you figure it out.

With your system you should be a happy editor.

• 23. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                      theGadgetGuy Level 1

Harm Millaard wrote:

Colin, I have no explanation, since . . .

Harm thanks for your response.  I have copied Michael (Pixelan) re: this post just in case he isn't always following it closely.

Glad to try your 'guide" but where would I find it?

Also I have been trying to figure out who "Colin" was in responses in this post, as I couldn't find any entries by him.

It just dawned on me, that is what y'all are calling me!  Only my name is "Ken" (not that I won't respond to anything reasonably nice that I am called -- especially for  dinner, but that is a different matter)

:-)

• 24. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                        Harm Millaard Level 7

Sorry Ken, I just assumed that Michael knew your name from your order and being polite by trying to adress one by his name, I used it as well.

It is one of the links in the FAQ section, but if you look here the relevant links are included. Specially the 2nd included link: Some suggestions...

• 25. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                          theGadgetGuy Level 1

No problem Harm.  No "Harm" done, so to speak.

Thanks for the doco link.  Very interesting, and well done.  Note that your referenced CCleaner doesn't work with Windows7 though.  It complains when installed (maybe I'll try compatibility mode and see if that works).

Thanks.

Ken Burkhalter

• 26. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                            SpareWheel Level 2

You guys are just fantastic!

This is a great thread. Thanks for the heads up on Spicemaster and the other stuff highlighted here.

• 27. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                              Harm Millaard Level 7

Ken,

I have been running CCleaner from the start of Win7 without any problems and am currently using V2.28.1091. Never experienced any problem at all.

• 28. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                                theGadgetGuy Level 1

My "bad."

I should have written "HD Tach" not "CCleaner"

HD Tach gives an error comment when execution is attempted that it "Requires Windows 2000 or Windows XP."

That said, however, I just restarted it in XP compatibility mode and it worked!

Thanks for goosing me.

Ken Burkhalter

• 29. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                                  Harm Millaard Level 7

You are correct. HDTach requires XP compatability mode.

• 30. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                                    sync2rhythm Level 1

i tend to go into Photoshop and create a Mask for my image/video.

You can Feather the edges or not... do shapes or whatever, and make the Mask exactly how you want it.

Then apply an Image Mask selecting your corresponding pieces of Media.

(i simply added this in an effort to give you an option you can use without spending more $$$)

I whole-heartedly agree with the OP... PP definitely needs a 'Cookie Cutter' a la Sony Vegas.

• 31. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                                      theGadgetGuy Level 1

sync2rhythm wrote:

i tend to go into Photoshop and create a Mask for my image/video.

Roger that, but that is what I have been doing for a long time and I just got tired on making Photoshop masks all the time.  I have quite a collection of them, but always seemed to need one more.

Pixelan seems to have a lot of potential (if I can just get it to work!).

• 32. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                                        theGadgetGuy Level 1

Harm --

I started to put this question in the Forum but wasn't sure where, or even if it belonged.  So forgive me for going to you directly.

It might be related to my current issues (unfortunately Michael has left on a business trip so it may be awhile before I can get any resolution).

I'm finding that when I drop a Pixelan effect on a transition point of two clips, the transition time (ie, length) defaults to two? seconds.  Whatever, if I try to lengthen it to a longer time span then the effect does not lengthen but repeats instead.  So instead of a long smooth wipe, for instance, I get a wipe and a repeat of it.

Not exactly what I expected to happen. 

Is this normal, or is there a way to extend transition effect periods and get a "longer" effect time?

Ken Burkhalter

• 33. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                                          Harm Millaard Level 7

Ken,

The default transition time is set in your preferences. I use 2 s as default in my preferences and I tried it on a SM transition. Dropped it on two clips left at default, then in the effect controls panel made the duration 5 s and then started to edit the transition. To make it very clear I set the standard softness to 0 to see exactly what happened, whether it was repeating like you said or whether it was OK, but just slower than the standard 2 s.

No problem whatsoever, it never repeats. I can't remember having seen that happen at all in all my years with SM, so there is something weird going on with your installation. Have you tried re-downloading and then reinstalling? Luckily that is a straightforward process, not like Adobe.

• 34. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                                            McMaster05

A way without Plugins is to put

one more videotrack over your image, create a Title with a circle in it and drop it into that new track. Put a blur on that Title, then use a track matte key on your image and set the Titletrack as the Matte.

Still quite a bit complicated and to be honest I do not understand why adobe didn't implemented such a basic feature directly.

• 35. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                                              theGadgetGuy Level 1

Thanks for checking.  As I suspected I seem to have a systemic issue somewhere which is a bit strange as it is a brand new computer (6 weeks) with a clean install of Windows7 and not too many things on it except for editing applications.

I think your download and re-install idea is a good next step.  I was contemplating that approach, now I'll do it.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Ken Burkhalter

• 36. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                                                theGadgetGuy Level 1

McMaster05 wrote:

A way without Plugins is to put one more videotrack over your image, create a Title with a circle in it and drop it into that new track. Put a blur on that Title, then use a track matte key on your image and set the Titletrack as the Matte.

Still quite a bit complicated and to be honest I do not understand why adobe didn't implemented such a basic feature directly.

That is a good approach.  I was doing that to make clipping masks but never thought to blur the title image to feather it. Good thinkin'

• 37. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                                                  theGadgetGuy Level 1

I re-downloaded the SpiceMaster 2.5 app from Pixelan and uninstalled/reinstalled it.  The problems are unchanged, although in testing I did discover an interesting fact.

Stretching the transition period as you suggest with the effect control panel 'duration' slider worked to correctly extend the period.  I thus thought that the reinstall had worked but discovered quickly that the Pixelan Preview window is still empty (except for the matte mask).

I then went back and re-checked the transition period as I was doing it before in the timeline window by moving the edges of the transition with the Selection Tool.  This approach results in 'repeats' rather than 'stretches' of the effect!  I can only get duration 'stretches' by modifying the Duration slider in the Effect Control panel.

More strangeness!!  Go figure.  I guess I just have to wait for Michael to return, and share any ideas he might have.

Ken Burkhalter

• 38. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                                                    Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The reason it was not mentioned before is that your original question was: without resorting to track matte.

Track Matte and Fast Blur i recommend very often. Check the forum.

Any shape can be achieved in the titler.

theGadgetGuy wrote:

McMaster05 wrote:

A way without Plugins is to put one more videotrack over your image, create a Title with a circle in it and drop it into that new track. Put a blur on that Title, then use a track matte key on your image and set the Titletrack as the Matte.

That is a good approach.  I was doing that to make clipping masks but never thought to blur the title image to feather it. Good thinkin'

• 39. Re: How Does One Create a Feathered Edge on a Clipped Image?
                                                                                      Harm Millaard Level 7

Ken,

Michael is back and working on your issue, at least I assume that based on his mail to me. Meanwhile, can you do me a favor? If you look at the second link in the included link, there are a number of requested files and screen shtots, like Process Explorer, SpeedFan, DXDIAG etc.  and either post them here or attach them in a private mail to me to have a look at. Some suggestions...

I am intrigued by your issue here and want to find out what is messing things up.

1 2 Previous Next