3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2010 5:34 PM by the_wine_snob

Audio from PrPro to CD?

rlafoto1 Level 1

Hi All,

I have an audio track edited in Premiere Pro that I would like to burn to a CD to allow a client to listen to on a road trip.  He has requested a CD - Is that possible?

Thanks,

Randy

• 1. Re: Audio from PrPro to CD?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Randy,

You can Export just the Audio as a PCM/WAV. Then, one can "author" a music CD in programs like Audition. I think that the free audio-utility, Audacity, can do that too. Nero, Roxio and most of the Magix audio-programs can do this too.

Now, if you want to just ship the WAV, and not make an official music CD (CDA format), you can use a free utility, like ImgBurn to burn the file to a CD-Data for playback on a computer.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Audio from PrPro to CD?
            rlafoto1 Level 1

Thank's Hunt,

Worked great.  I am used to Photoshop, but trying to learn PrPro, Soundbooth, After Effects, etc to record the life story of an 86 year old WWII vet with an incredible story...

Thanks,

Randy

• 3. Re: Audio from PrPro to CD?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Randy,

I had not considered that you had Soundbooth. It is kinda' Audition lite, and has much more power, than Audacity does.

Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve. I came to PrPro and Audition from PS (many decades), and then an old education in cine with totally analog sound (actually, analog everything!), so I can easily relate. What I do in Audition now was not even our dream, way back then.

Just glad that you got what you wanted, and needed. That is the important part.

As you progress with your Project, do not hesitate to stop back by and ask any questions. Someone here will know the answer, and can help you. I strongly recommend this site, the PrPro-Wiki. There is a great wealth of info there too.

Good luck,

Hunt