6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2010 1:41 PM by Nancy OShea

Help, please...new problems with old Dreamweaver MX

elizabethgage

I am a teacher with a website, and I know barely enough to keep my site limping along, but I have a new problem. I cannot create, nor edit, my flash radio buttons. When I try to insert a new link address, I get the message: "Unknown Error." For the past few days,when I clicked OK, I got the message, "At line 74 of file "Macintosh HD:Applications:Macromedia Dreamweaver MX:Configuration Commands:Flash Options.js": TypeError: objtag.getTranslatedAttribute is not a function." Now, I do not even get that message, rather the "Unknown Error" message.

I have called Adobe numerous times, and they have passed me off to Forums. I was told I should  post code on one Forum, but the thread is locked and the last post was in 2009. Adobe Technical Support also suggested I purchase a new edition of Dreamweaver. All I want to do is to change the location to which the button is directed, so my students can click on a class calendar and a download site.

Can anyone please help an exasperated, but devoted middle school teacher?

Thank you, in advance, for any help and patience you can offer.

elizabeth

Update: Just for good measure, I tried to create a new page with a flash button inserted. I got the message:

"While executing onClick in Flash Options.htm, the followig JavaScript error(s) occurred:

At line 58 of file "Macintosh HD:Applicatios:Macromedia Dreamweaver MX:Configuartion Commands:Flash Options.js";Dreamweaver can only set an attribute if the current selection is exactly one tag.

Does anyone have any suggestions?????

Message was edited by: elizabethgage