3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2010 10:17 AM by Shaun_Poland

Hyperlink Zoom

Shaun_Poland

I need to change all of the hyperlinks in my document so that the zoom will be "Fit Width" at the destination, which is a "text anchor". I have found the GotoAnchorBehavior.zoomSetting in a javascript reference and I would like it to use FIT_WIDTH but I don't know how to use it. If I can get that to work it seems like a simple loop to change all of the hyperlinks in a document would be all I need.

Can someone please help me with this?

• 1. Re: Hyperlink Zoom
          [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

It seems GotoAnchorBehavior is not a hyperlink option, only for Formfields and Buttons. Likewise, all zoomSetting properties are all only applicable to "GotoAnchor/Page"Behaviors, so that's a closed option.

A HyperlinkPageDestination, on the other hand, *has* a "viewSetting", with virtually the same possible zoom options. Still tough luck: it's just for referring to pages, not for HyperlinkTextDestinations (which, I presume, you mean with 'text anchors').

• 2. Re: Hyperlink Zoom
            Shaun_Poland Level 1

Well that's not good news.

In Pagemaker there was an option when exporting to PDF that let you set the zoom setting on all hyperlinks. This is not in InDesign. In previous PDF's we have been able to default to a 2 page layout and have the hyperlinks zoom to a text anchor at 150%. It worked before so I know it's possible, I'm just not sure if it's possible with InDesign.

I though a script to change the setting on a lower level might work but it seems to hit the same problem. Maybe I can do it in Acrobat, possibly with a script.

Shuan Poland

• 3. Re: Hyperlink Zoom
              Shaun_Poland Level 1

It appears that I might be able to do this in Acrobat after all. I have done some exploring of my PDF files and found something useful. I have explained it in another post, HERE.

Is there anyone here with experience in Acrobat scripting? or maybe suggestions on where to go to get a script written?

Thanks,

Shaun Poland

NOTE: InDesign CS3 & CS4, Acrobat 8 Pro on Windows XP