• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error importing audio file into Captivate CS4

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the advice of several posters here on the forum, I recorded my audio tracks separately from the Captivate objects. I recorded the voice over tracks in Adobe Soundbooth CS4, assuming total compatibility. So much for assumptions.

The files are saved with Soundbooth's default settings of wav, 48000Hz, 16-bit, stereo

When trying to import the voice over tracks, I get the ever-so-helpful error message "Unable to decode and import the seleced wav/mps files". No clue as to "why" - just "Can't do it".

Could someone shed some light on what the problem might be?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you create the file from SoundBooth, what are the settings for encoding? Captivate likes WAV files to be PCM encoded. Some sound applications will encode a WAV with MP3 and it gags Captivate when that happens. The fix involves either re-exporting the file using PCM encoding, or opening the file in Windows Sound Recorder and saving it back out using PCM encoding. Then importing into Captivate.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I encountered the same error when attempting to import WAV files created in Audacity, which are "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM" output.  I previously used an older/simpler version of Audacity with Captivate 3.0.1 with no issues, importing either WAV or MP3 files recorded in Audacity.

Other info:

Captivate: version 4.0.0 (build 1596)

Sound card: Realtek High Definition Audio, driver 8/25/2009

Sound recorder: Audacity 1.3.11 (stable beta for Win7)

Output: WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM

I researched other information related to registry/installation issues (for WinXP and Vista) and a few specific sound cards (including Realtek) - the specific fixes recommended don't seem like they would work on a Windows 7 machine... or would they?

Fix related to Vista machines with Realtek/Sigmatel sound cards, involving replacement of a .dll file.

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2009/03/audio_play_back_and_usb_mic_is.html

Using a MS tool to fix a registry problem from installation  (an XP fix that reportedly worked for Vista also):

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2009/03/adobe_captivate_4_installation.html

Any suggestions?  I've been researching this problem for 2 days...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources