0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2010 12:14 PM by conmannm

Looking to run my game from web page?

conmannm

Hello first let me thank everyone for any help.

first the setup:

I am a game programmer and I made a game Arcade Convoy. I am letting the users download the full game with no restrictions. All I ask is for them to go to my web site arcadeconvoy.com whenever they want to play the game. If they find this to be annoying or want to play the game without being connected to the Internet then all they have to do is make a donation in any amount and they can download the full game.

Now my problem:

After the users have downloaded and installed the game I want to make it so that when they click on the shortcut it opens up to a web page. I can do this part just fine. But the next step is where I am having problems. I want to have a link on the web page that says Run Game and when they click it the program launches. I know how to find out where the game was installed but I can't make a link that will run the game. I am using Dreamweaver CS3

Is this possible to do or does firefox and IE not let you run a program from the browser? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

A little info on the game I made it in 2002, I don't think it works in windows 7. It does work in XP, Vista and bellow. It has been a shareware game for a while now but now I don't want to restrict it any more and this would be an acceptable compromise for me.