5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2010 9:01 AM by Art_Of_WAR

Fullscreen Help Please

Art_Of_WAR Level 1

I am endeavoring to learn Flash Builder but I wonder if someone might be able to help me getting something to fullscreen, much like a PDF works.

I have built a presentation in Flash Catalyst and I have tried working with some of the code from a post on this forum but I keep getting errors that my limited knowledge has no way of knowing how to fix.

Simon.

• 1. Re: Fullscreen Help Please
          Shongrunden Adobe Employee

This works fine for me:

<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
                         xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark">
              <fx:Script>
                  <![CDATA[
                      import flash.display.StageDisplayState;
                      import mx.core.FlexGlobals;

private function toggleFullScreen():void {
                          if (FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.stage.displayState == StageDisplayState.NORMAL)
                              FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN;
                          else
                              FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.NORMAL;
                      }
                  ]]>
              </fx:Script>

<s:VGroup>
                  <s:Label text="Hello World" />
                  <s:Button label="Toggle fullscreen" click="toggleFullScreen()" />
              </s:VGroup>

</s:Application>

What kind of errors are you seeing?

• 2. Re: Fullscreen Help Please
            Art_Of_WAR Level 1

Thanks for the response, very much appreciated but I actually think this is beyond my comprehension.

Which is why I think Flash Catalyst is fantastic.

I was getting a syntax error of </s:Application> requires a ">} delimeter.

Now I get a really long message that runs pretty much the whole code but starts like this:

Parse error:' protected function button_clickHandler():void  { currentState='Start'; }

Giving up for now.

Cheers,

Simon.

• 3. Re: Fullscreen Help Please
              Peter deHaan Level 4

Simon,

Sounds like you may have a minor syntax error somewhere in your code. Can you paste some code or attach your file with the error and we can take a look.

Thanks,

Peter

• 4. Re: Fullscreen Help Please
                Art_Of_WAR Level 1

Hi Peter, the Catalyst file is "clean" when I bring it into FB.

Everything runs beautifully, looks great and does everything it is supposed to do.

Interactions, transitions, video and image content. Perfect.

When I try to add the code in a variety of places (I was looking at using CSS too) I get a variety of errors as I posted yesterday.

Also, I lose the structure in the Outline with a series of red exclamation points.

I would also caveat that I am delving into an area I know little about. FC has been a revelation because my understanding and ability regarding anything code is poor. I wish Dreamweaver was as easy to get to grips with as FC. I suppose what I'm asking is for someone to tell me "this code goes here".

It was getting messy so I deleted everything. I tried copying and pasting some things and it got out of hand. I would happily post the original code copied from FB, is that asking too much?

Best.

Simon

• 5. Re: Fullscreen Help Please
                  Art_Of_WAR Level 1

I am missing something and it may be the way that I built my FC project. The FC was built to 1152x768. When I bring it in to FB, what I assumed would be a simple process was to change the "canvas" size and pop in the code to set it to fullscreen so the content would centre and size depending on the monitor resolution. I am still trying to figure this out, if anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

S.