2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2010 7:18 PM by BCFauver

Adobe Reader 9.3 has stopped working

BCFauver

Please help if you can....I am Operating Microsoft Vista and my Adobe reader 8 stopped working last week.  Downloaded Reader 9.3 no luck.  Uninstalled 9.3 and reinstalled - no luck.  Uninstalled 9.3 installed 8.2 - no luck.  Unistalled 8.2 restarted computer, reinstalled 9.3 - no luck.  Unistalled 9.3 restarted reinstalled 8.2 - no luck.  After each install get message that installation was successful.  Keep getting Microsoft Windows dialogue box stating, "Adobe Acrobat 8.2 (9.3) has stopped working .... A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availabe."

Had also been receiving Adobe error dialogue box stating "Internal error" but that has stopped after the uninstall - restart - reinstall.

Tried Adobe Technical support but was informed that they do not help people who utilize their own free down loads, so I turn to you.

Not a good time to unable to read PDF with FAFSA and TAX season upon us.  Thank you for your help.