3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2010 8:07 PM by josh_chunick

Director 11.5 - Song Previews

SSardarGloucester Level 1

Hi, i am creating a karakoke multimedia product using Director 11.5 at the moment and i wanted there to be previews of the songs with the sub menu when the user is choosing a song.  Here the user has the option of playing the song with or without the lyrics and i wanted the user to be able to see their song choice with or without lyrics....I am not sure as to how this can be done. Is there any way around this? I have the karaoke songs in Director and everything. Thanks! I hope you guys can find a way for me! And i hope this all made sense!

• 1. Re: Director 11.5 - Song Previews
          jchunick Level 2

more information needed:

1. Are you importing the music as .mp3 or .swa?

2. How are you importing the lyrics - into a text or field member?

3. How is it laid out on the score?

4. What code do you have already?

• 2. Re: Director 11.5 - Song Previews
            SSardarGloucester Level 1

Right, the video and the audio will be seperate for the with lyrics one. You see, the video will be WMV, and the audio for that will be muted. Then the audio will be imported seperated, as an mp3. file. Then for the without lyrics one, the audio and the video will be in one file as a WMV file. The text/lyrics , we have to try and align with the video playing. So the lyrics, i have created in Fireworks and they are all JPG. files....So umm...the audio is 1st...then the video...and then the lyrics/text under it...and regarding the code...i have no idea what that is! I'm just an A-Level student doing ICT! :S hope this helped!...by code did u mean the script part?...

• 3. Re: Director 11.5 - Song Previews
              josh_chunick Level 1

SSardarGloucester wrote:

Right, the video and the audio will be seperate for the with lyrics one. You see, the video will be WMV, and the audio for that will be muted. Then the audio will be imported seperated, as an mp3. file. Then for the without lyrics one, the audio and the video will be in one file as a WMV file. The text/lyrics , we have to try and align with the video playing. So the lyrics, i have created in Fireworks and they are all JPG. files....So umm...the audio is 1st...then the video...and then the lyrics/text under it...and regarding the code...i have no idea what that is! I'm just an A-Level student doing ICT! :S hope this helped!...by code did u mean the script part?...

I'm sorry, but I think you may have gotten the wrong idea from these forums. The forums are not here to help you do your homework/projects. You need to show that you have at least atttempted to do the work/coding. If you cannot show this then I cannot help. If you have a more specific question/problem to solve after you have attempted to do the work then I'd be more than willing to assist where I can.

In the meantime, you might consider checking out some good tutorial sites like:

http://collab.directorforum.com/Main_Page

http://www.deansdirectortutorials.com/