3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2010 8:10 AM by Ned Murphy

a simple transition question

richardELeach Level 1

Hi~

... another n00b question:

I have a simple slideshow that is working nicely, and now I'd like to polish it a bit. (If I did this right a screen capture should be attached to this posting)

- essentially I have 5 slides, and put each slide into it's own frame with an audio file narrating and explaining the slide, so the movie is literally 5 frames long.

What I'd like to do is add a fade in effect, and I looked at the Motion Presets but when applied they extend out beyond the 1 frame. Does anyone know of a simple way to animate each frame so that I can get any kind of effect besides the image just instantly appearing on screen?

Thanks for your help, this is a great group!

Rich

• 1. Re: a simple transition question
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are not comfortable with actionscript, you can just make each slide a movieclip and have it animate into view using timeline tweens.  If you can deal with actionscript, then you can convert the slides to movieclips and use the Tween class to make them gradually appear as you enter each frame.

• 2. Re: a simple transition question
            richardELeach Level 1

Ned-

Thanks for your answer.

Will either/both of your suggestions allow my original .FLA file to continue to run in the original 5 frame layout that I've built? I was looking around the help files and it looks like anything I try is going to force me to use multiple frames to achieve my desired effect....

Thanks,

Rich

• 3. Re: a simple transition question
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes, you can retain the 5 frame layout in either case.  In the first case you create each image as a movieclip that has the image transition into view using a timeline tween.  When you place these movieclips in the main timeline they will take up the same one frame, but will animate in that frame since they are movieclip in themselves.