4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2010 4:19 AM by JabbyPandaUA

Should List component that does not have a Scroller in its skin support keyboard navigation?

JabbyPandaUA Level 3

Hi all,

I've deleted the Scroller component from custom skin implementation for List component, because I just do not want to see Scroller graphics together with my List. 

s:List id="list"
                  skinClass="skins.ListNoScrollerSkin">
              <s:layout>
                  <s:VerticalLayout requestedRowCount="3">                
                  </s:VerticalLayout>
              </s:layout>
              <s:dataProvider>
                  <s:ArrayList>
                      <fx:Array>
                          <fx:Object label="1. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />
                          <fx:Object label="2. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />                    
                          <fx:Object label="3. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />
                          <fx:Object label="4. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />
                          <fx:Object label="5. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />                        
                          <fx:Object label="6. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />
                          <fx:Object label="7. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />                    
                          <fx:Object label="8. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />
                          <fx:Object label="9. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />
                          <fx:Object label="10. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />
                          <fx:Object label="11. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />
                          <fx:Object label="12. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />                    
                          <fx:Object label="13. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />
                          <fx:Object label="14. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />
                          <fx:Object label="15. Let’s start of with something not too hard:" />
                      </fx:Array>
                  </s:ArrayList>
              </s:dataProvider>
          </s:List>

Notice, that I've set VerticalLayout's "requestedRowCount" to the fixed value 3 to display only fixed amount of List data rows, e.g three rows.

But I can still change with the keyboard navigation e.g. UP, DOWN, PAGE_DOWN, PAGE_UP current List row selection, is this a supported behaviour?

If yes, then I receive RTE when I press PAGE_DOWN button twice.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
           at spark.layouts::VerticalLayout/getNavigationDestinationIndex()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\layouts\VerticalLayout.as:1536