1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 26, 2010 8:26 AM by DrLiz.

Directly importing 16x9 flv files results in 4x3 flv, poor quality

jbardo

I am creating my own flv files so as to import them directly into Presenter, but when I try to import widescreen (16x9) files it

stuffs the video into a 4x3 frame.  Anyone know why this is?  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Directly importing 16x9 flv files results in 4x3 flv, poor quality
          DrLiz.

My experience is limited to importing Flash SWF into Presenter, but I've noticed the same behavior. It looks as if Presenter automatically pads the Flash to give it the same aspect ratio as the PPT presentation I'm importing the Flash into.

I found that if I changed the aspect ratio of my PPT presentation to fit the aspect ratio of my Flash, and then imported the Flash SWF, Presenter kept the original aspect ratio of my Flash. For example, my Flash had a 3:2 aspect ratio. I changed my PPT to 7.5 inches by 11.37 inches. When I imported my Flash, its aspect ratio stayed at 3:2.

So if you want to retain the 16x9 aspect ratio of your FLV files, try changing the dimensions of your PPT presentation to 7.5 inches by 13.33 inches, and then import your FLV.

I can't imagine why this would happen, I would be interested in an explanation for this behavior.

Liz