I have a feeling that it has to do with the videos captured by Camtasia. As a test, can you duplicate your sequence, remove all the Camtasia clips, then render using the same settings in AME?
Back in the Premiere Pro 2.0 days, I know I had a project with Camtasia footage in it, and I had no probs. The last time I tried this (Premiere CS4 + newer version of Camtasia Studio), I ran into editing problems (i.e. videos were garbled, wouldn't play their entire length inside of Premiere). I couldn't find a workaround, so I eventually gave up.
But searching Adobe's help, I found this post. Wish I had that info for that last project! Give it a shot, and reply with your results.
Hi thanks for the help.
I've created many videos from Camtasia and been able to work with them effectivley in Premier and AME. The problem is intermittent.
I'm currently encoding a file after i) running Adobe updates and ii) opening the Premier Sequence directly from AME.
If this doesn't work I'll have a closer look at the Camtasia Studio issue you had suggested.
Maybe the tips in this ARTICLE will be useful for setting up your system for intense processing and video editing.
You might also want to post the complete specs. on your computer, in case something is interfering with the encoding.
Hi Bill thanks for your help.
I have a quad core processor 2.2Ghz with 3G RAM running Windows 7 64-bit.
It's a fresh install of the OS. I will try your suggestions.