1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 24, 2010 4:22 AM by AdobeScripts

Transfer a single style to another doc

Ken Krugh Level 1

Working in conjunction with a client on some InD files and need to be able to transfer individual styles from one InD file to another. We tried synching through a book but they've already changed things we really didn't want changed and we've barely started the first book of 10 in the series.

The more I look at simply transferring the style properties, one at a time, the scarier it gets. So, I'm hoping there is something I'm missing and there is, indeed, a way to transfer individual styles from one document to another. The most important thing will be paragraph and character styles, object styles an added bonus. Any other styles I can deal with later if necessary.

I think the safest (albiet clunky) way would be to create a frame in the source document, apply the necessary style, copy that frame from the source doc to the destination doc. If the same name already exists in the destination document I can rename that style before pasting, then delete the renamed style and replacing it with the newly pasted one.

I'm working in CS3 with VB but can also run java code from there.

Many thanks for any words of wisdom.

Ken

• 1. Re: Transfer a single style to another doc
          AdobeScripts Level 3

Ken Krugh wrote:

I think the safest (albiet clunky) way would be to create a frame in the source document, apply the necessary style, copy that frame from the source doc to the destination doc. If the same name already exists in the destination document I can rename that style before pasting, then delete the renamed style and replacing it with the newly pasted one.

I think it is the best - and the easiest - way

robin

www.adobescripts.com