Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

remove horiztonal scroll bar in search pane

Participant ,
Feb 17, 2010 Feb 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8.0.2 HTML.

Hi all, wondering if anyone has a fix for the horizontal scroll bar that popups up in my search pane for webhelp.

I've gone to great lengths to get my help in the right sized window with no horizontal scroll bars - they annoy me soooo much.

But now, and always I have noticed, they appear in the search pane when results are displayed. No matter how far i widen it they do not go away.

Is there some work aorund for this?

Thanks.

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can add a css rule overflow-x: auto; -- This should only show the scrollbars when the content is too small.

Add it in a style block in top of the culprit HTML-file. Let me know if that works.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not an html file thats the problem, its the actual search pane that displays results on the left hand side. The list of topics, and rank, this area no matter what always has a horizontal scroll bar.

perhaps there is somewhere to specify the column widths within his pane, like how you can set the width of the TOC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The search results are written in a HTML-file, are they not?

Checked in RH7, but I think it's the same in RH8:

In wfhdhtml.htm, the search windows is build using frames. Look for the frame that calls whfbody.htm. On the end of the line is the text scrolling='yes', set that to no.

If that doesn't work, I'll check in RH8 when I have the Chance.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clearing that up for me Willam, unfortunately its not playing nice.

If I set scrolling to no, then all scroll bars are gone. not ideal as I still want the vertical oens, I tried adding

<style type="text/css">
overflow-x: auto;
</style>

both after and before the <head> tag in the whfdhtml.htm page, but that didnt do anything either..any other tips?

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doh... Didn't think of that...

Try adding the style block in whfbody.htm, just before the head tag. Setting it in the parent will not work for the child pages.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still no joy....maybe just one of those things I have to live with.......

thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check in RH8 when I have acces to that again.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2010 Feb 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To remove the scroll bar, open whfbody.htm and go to line 3145. You see 110% and replace that with 100%.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2010 Aug 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my RoboHelp HTML RH8 project, I have the same problem. My whfbody.htm file in my WebHelp output has only 36 lines and no mention of 110%. What setting are you referring to? Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong file name... Try whfhost.js.

Greet,

Willam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the offending 110% setting at Line 3151 in my whfhost.js file.  When I changed it to 100%, the horizontal scroll bar went away. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp