3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2010 11:26 AM by ssprengel

Automate Camera Raw

Btphoto86

Hello,

I was wondering how, if posible, to automate a process of RAW files. I want to increase the exposure of every photo by +.75. However, I can't figure out a way to do a btach so that the I can just walk away from the computer. Every time I try to do a batch it opens the RAW (actaully DNG) file and then I have to manually do the exposure myself, and then I click open image and it finishs the action and opens up the next where again I have to manually do the exposure. I just want every RAW file to increase in exposure by .75 without me having to do it on all 300 photos. Hope that makes sense.

-Brady Terry

btphoto86@gmail.com

BradyTerry.com

• 1. Re: Automate Camera Raw
          Jeff Schewe-dxJlyU

Btphoto86 wrote:

I just want every RAW file to increase in exposure by .75 without me having to do it on all 300 photos. Hope that makes sense.

Open a single image, make the adjustments you want then create a preset with those adjustments you wish to apply to the other files...then click done.

In Bridge, select all the images you want to adjust (hundreds or more if you want) and in Bridge go to Edit>Develop Settings and apply the preset you want. This will apply the preset to all of the images selected...

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Automate Camera Raw
            Btphoto86 Level 1

Hey,

That worked perfectly and quickly.

Thank you,

Brady

• 3. Re: Automate Camera Raw
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Alternatively, Select the 300 images in Bridge, then right-click Open in Camera RAW then do a Select All in ACR, and then make your adjustments and they'll all be synchronized together as you're moving the sliders.  This way you don't have to create a Preset for every batch operation you want to do.

I believe either using this method, or using the Apply Preset method, the Exposure will be set to a specific value, rather than increased relative to its current value, so if the Exposure slider is set differently for different RAWs, already, then at the end of the process the Exposure would be set to 0.75 for every image.  This is different from what you said you wanted, but if all the RAWs were set to Exposure 0 before you started then it'd be equivalent.