Skip navigation
    2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2010 1:42 PM by Steve Grisetti

Two different Cameras premiere E4 questions

VitalExpressions
      Please help! I recorded my friends band and I used two different cameras to do the recording. One stationary recorded a wide shot of the band and the other mobile I had with me. I used the mobile one to do closeups then used the audio and video from the wide shot and did clips of just the lined up video of the mobile one.

It looks great! So what is the problem. Well a couple things, I am using Premiere Elements 4. How do I save this project at a high resolution for the web (YouTube) also how do I save it to burn it to DVD?

Finally the really tricky question, the one camera was shot in widescreen format the other full screen. I would like to be able to crop and enlarge the full to make it a wide. I don't want to make the wide a full if I don't have to, because it will crop out band members.

(I don't really understand the whole picture/pixel/ratio thing)

Keep in mind this was my first shot at something like this I am trying to get down the actual technical process and I have Ideas of how to approach the shooting aspect in the future to improve it. Any input would help. Here is the link to what I have uploaded so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfzjeHwKf38   I don't get why it is so small with crappy resolution, in premiere Elements it looks good.

And here are the specs on the cameras:

Fuji Film Finepix S1500 (moving Camera)

Movie recording
      • 640 x 480 pixels, 30 frames/sec. (I had it set to this one)
      • 320 x 240 pixels, 30 frames/sec.
      With monaural sound (Sound wasn't used)
      * Optical or digital zoom function can be selected during movie recording.
      Movie:
      AVI (Motion JPEG) with sound
      Audio
      WAVE format, Monaural sound

Canon Mini DV ZR900 (Still Camera)
      Digital Video
      Standard Definition or High Definition
      Standard Definition
      Power Consumption
      2.3 W
      Image Sensor
      1/6" CCD
      Total Pixels
      Approx. 680,000 pixels
      Effective Pixels
      tape: 16:9 - approx. 360,000 pixels (ADV.Z off)
      16:9 - approx. 450,000 pixels (ADV.Z on, wide)
      16:9 - approx. 360,000 pixels pixels (ADV.Z on tele)

Tape Format
      MiniDV
      Maximum recording time
      SP: 80 min.; LP: 120 min. (80 min. cassette)
      Lens
      Zoom Ratio 41x Advanced Zoom
      37x Optical / 2000x Digital
      Focal Length f = 2.6 - 96.2mm
      Zoom Speed Variable / 3 Fixed Zoom Speeds
      Max F/Stop f/2.0 - 5.2

Focusing System
      TTL (through the lens)
        • 1. Re: Two different Cameras premiere E4 questions
          the_wine_snob Level 9

For YouTube settings, I'd go to the FAQ sub-forum, found on the right-hand side of the main forum page. There are suggestions there. Note: YouTube will re-encode whatever you upload, and they change their requirements monthly, if not sooner.

Now for the Widescreen vs Standard question. I assume that you used WideScreen, when you set up your Project. Is that correct?

First thing that I would look at would be to use Interpret Footage for the Standard Clips. Do one first, and choose 16:9 in Interpret Footage. How does this look? Only you can make that call.

If the band looks too fat, then we'll move on to Plan B. Go to one of your Standard Clips, and Select it. Go to Effects, and then Edit Effects. Look for the fixed Effect>Motion. Twirl it open and then go to Scale. Increase this, until the Frame fills the width of the Frame. This will also effectively Crop the vertical. If you need to alter how that Crop is seen, go to Effect>Motion>Position, and move the Frame up, or down to suit.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Two different Cameras premiere E4 questions
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You also will not likely be able to bring the Fuji Finepix video into Premiere Elements as is. You'll likely need to convert it DV-AVI before you bring it into the program, per the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415317?tstart=0

More Like This

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points