1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2010 1:10 PM by John Waller

Apparent cloning effect with sites

Wadyaro

Hi all

I have a few pages designed with dreamweaver.

Lets say for example I save an html page an name it index.html.

I then use the "save as" function and save it again to make a copy that I can modify and work on without losing the original version, lets say for example I "save as ...index2.html.

Problem is when I try to make a copy  in this way, even with a new name, it kind of clones the original page and any modifications applied to index.html also occur in index2.html.

Is there a correct way to copy a file in some other name so that it remains in its own state unaffected by changes to the other page?

Many thanks

W

• 1. Re: Apparent cloning effect with sites
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

I then use the "save as" function and save it again to make a copy that I can modify and work on without losing the original version, lets say for example I "save as ...index2.html.

Problem is when I try to make a copy  in this way, even with a new name, it kind of clones the original page and any modifications applied to index.html also occur in index2.html.

File > Save As works for me every time. Creates a new independent page.

What exactly are you modifying in index2.html and how do you see the change in index.html?

If it's unique content in index2.html that's being modified, I don't see how that can get changed in index.html.