I'm using Flex Builder 3 to generate code for web services and domain objects used by them with Apache CXF.
I noticed recently that when compiled with certain versions of Flex (e.g. maybe 3.4 but not 3.2) have started XML encoding parts of my strings ... e.g. encoding ampersand as & by the time it gets to my server code.
I realize the SOAP is XML, but this can't be the correct behavior... I'm not sure whether it's Flex or Apache CXF that is broken.
I'm not sure of a good way to work around this problem other than manually adding decoding for every string field in my objects, which would be a huge pain.