2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2010 6:08 AM by Stan Jones

Improve AVCHD editing performance

Matt Petersen Level 3

while looking at the Program Monitor thread by Tim0000, I happened to stumble across this interesting AVCHD editing optimisation tip:

http://www.bitsandpix.com/entry/video-adobe-cs4-premiere-avchd-playback-trick/

Sorry if this is a well-known optimisation, but it was news to me, so I thought I'd post it here for others.

Matthew

• 1. Re: Improve AVCHD editing performance
          Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't use AVCHD or CS4, but these dilemmas continue to intrigue me.

Given the bit of the posters' processes that we can see in his screenshot, I suspect he's compensating for too many processes by increasing priority on what needs to be running.  What he really needs is to clean up his system to Harm's specs.

Also, results are going to vary depending on the power of the system being used and the datarate of the particular AVCHD used.  And this was posted before the latest updates, right?  But if I were suffering the AVCHD blues, I'd sure give it a try.

• 2. Re: Improve AVCHD editing performance
            Harm Millaard Level 7

Stan,

I agree with you, 101 processes running is extreme. Even with PR open, it should be less than 50 at most, so this chap ought to clean up his system before reverting to these steps. I advise against these steps, unless you really know what you are doing, and my guess is that there are not many around here that I would trust to take these steps. That may sound very arrogant, but doing this in a more of less random manner without knowing program dependencies often does more harm than good. This is a perfect example, because if he had done his homework, he would have knowm that the affinity for processcoordinationserver.exe and dynamiclinkmanager.exe should be increased as well to have any reasonable effect.