• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd hyperlink behaviour in Firefox

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing problems with hyperlinks in webhelp running on Firefox?

I have created a new webhelp system - nothing clever such as merging - just 70 or so topics.The help contains hyperlinks to other topics in the webhelp - these are left to page default (the intention being that they should open and replace the current page).

I have published the help to my C drive and am running it from there. When I select a link to another topic, the target topic opens for a second, then the help jumps to the parent folder for that topic. I just tried another webhelp system that I created a week ago (and was fine then) and it shows the same behaviour.

When I do exactly the same in IE, it works as expected.

I'm using Robohelp 7, Firefox 3.6 (it was the same with Firefox 3.5.7 so  I tried upgrading) and Vista (though I tried on a Mac and it's the same, so I've ruled out an operating system quirk).

I'm guessing this is down to a recent Firefox update...or have I just done something daft?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running the help locally, try setting the Mark of the Web option.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Peter; I just tried but the same thing happens - most odd!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the supplied sample projects work correctly?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooh, I didn't even realise there were sample projects! I've had a look at the starter page and a quick scan through the Robohelp program directory - could you let me know how to find them please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp\RoboHTML\Samples

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, curious indeed! It now seems to be fixed.

The sample file was fine, so that put paid to my Firefox ranting.

I was checking the generate settings for anything that might be relevant, and noticed that it was set to synch TOC automatically. I changed this to synch manually and published again - it worked fine in Firefox. I then set it back to synch automatically and generated again, and it is still fine.

I then repeated the above with an older webhelp system that was OK last week but not today, and it seems to have fixed that too.

Thus my highly technical conclusion is that the TOC got its knickers in a twist.

Many thanks for your help Peter - I now have the sample files in case of future turmoil...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp