7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2010 5:47 PM by MrMasterKey

Premiere elements 8 geez

howardmil18

Having been happy with the 7, I went up to the Premiere Elements 8. I do not use Nividia Drivers. For the past month I have had

14 CRASHES,,,,,,HAVING TO RE DO MANY PROJECTS. I do not know whats going on, but if It happens a few more times

I am GETTING my money back and will LEARN TO USE A NEW PRODUCT. WHAT IS THIS STUFF GOING ON HERE ANYWAY

Howard Milstein

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 8 geez
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Thanks for sharing, Howard.

If you'd like to contact Adobe, please click the Contact button at the very top of this web page.

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 8 geez
            Kodebuster Level 3

Not to burst your bubble, but I think Adobe will only consider a refund within a 30 day purchase period.

If your close or went past that window of time, it could get ugly.

You might want to post details on your crash issues, maybe some of us have been down your path, and could help the process along...

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 8 geez
              howardmil18 Level 1

lol NOT UGLY just stupid. The link you gave me was not even a technical

person so they gave me the tech service dept.

to call by phone. I can say that with this type of introductory service, I

see why Adobe elements 8 was panned by everyone. Have no fear

steve, American Express if need be, will save my ***. They always do.

Unfortunate also, cause I am used to using this product and it

will take me a while to get used to a cyberlink with effects and so on. I

will make a decision in a day or so

Thanks for the notification

howard

• 4. Re: Premiere elements 8 geez
                cdroessler Level 1

I bought PE8 in late December, my first Adobe product.   Nothing but trouble since, tried every recommendation.  14 crashes in a month?  Seriously, I'd be thrilled if I didn't have 14 crashes in 2 hours....

For what its worth, after enduring much, I did finally get confirmation from Adobe they expect to release a patch at the end of Feb or mid March.  Nothing official mind you, but confirmed in one of MANY support cases I opened.   Thats probably by biggest beef with Adobe.  Man up, and let us know what is going on.  I'm just a guy that promised his sons school he would have a project ready for his basketball banquet.  The patch will be to late, but at least I FINALLY got an answer!

From what I've seen PE8 do, I really like.  I think it will be just the ticket for me anyhow.   So, I'm holding my breath for the patch.

• 5. Re: Premiere elements 8 geez
                  howardmil18 Level 1

Interesting. I had good success with Premiere 7 and being a "nut" decided to

upgrade to the 8 with a twenty dollar rebate. (which the download never

gave me till this day!!)

Well, having enjoyed the product, I NEVER expected these CRASH problems with

the 8. They talk about the Nividia video card PATCH up; I do not

use a Nividea card (with no problem mind you). And still this frickin

premiere 8 just shuts down when I am working for more than a half hour or

so.

It took me a while to get used to the way to work this program and so

being a person of habit (and not wanting to start learning and waiting for

the

fruits of another program) I have kept using the 8 for about almost 1 month

now. (I am still in the refund limit). and when it works,,,,it is quite

splendid

indeed, (as was Premeiere 7). If only we could find out WHY the program is

crashing???? Thats all I want to know??? Thanks for your response

Howard

• 6. Re: Premiere elements 8 geez
                    nealeh Level 5

howardmil18 wrote:

The link you gave me was not even a technical

person so they gave me the tech service dept.

Perhaps their website was undergoing maintenance or something. When I click "Contact" this is what I see:

support.png

Cheers,
                    --
                    Neale
                    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 7. Re: Premiere elements 8 geez
                      MrMasterKey Level 1

Same here. Totally annoying. Perhaps a clue is the size of the project file. Mine is 1.85mb and crashes PRE, whereas an autosave version of 1.45mb still opens. The only difference being some more video cuts, some images added and a DVD title menu added.

Q to Steve or Bill: is there a PREL XML editor which allows me to debug (remove certain elements or segments) to check if that version opens in PRE? When I tried to manually remove one (all the IDs are sequenced), it refused to open the project point blank.

Cheers,

Helmar