How have you defined the remote site? the host directory?
>However, the new pages are not located in my site.
What method are you using to determine this?
I know the new pages are not being put to the site because the changes do not appear on the pages when viewed in a browser -- even after clearing the cache and reloading.
Also, in another series of tests, I deleted all pages from the server leaving only my local copy of the site. Then I viewed the site, saw it was empty, and Put the pages from Dw. The pages were not on the site when viewed in a browser or on the split local-remote screen in Dw.
I tried to be certain of this before asking everyone here for assistance.
The fact that you are getting the files successfully and then editing a local copy tells me that your local and remote site definition is probably ok. It could be an FTP error. Check the ftp log:
Go to Site->Advanced->FTP Log
Thank you each for making me think and resolve my problem.
I wish I knew what exactly I had done wrong in my previous site definition, but that smart I am not.
Today I removed and re-defined the site in Dw. Then the get and put worked correctly.
The only thing I can guess that I did might have done differently in today's site definition was possibly defining the site as "root". Maybe I did not click "root" on my previous site defintion.
My only guess is that that could have caused this sort of put error.
Thank you very much.