• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate CS4 Freezing on Preview Project

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating my first project in Captivate 4.   Most times when I go to preview the project, it freezes and will not move on from the "Progress: Generating Slides" step.  The program stops responding, and I have to end the program using Taskmgr.   I have to do this several times (reopen Captivate, open the project, preview project) before it will finally generate the SWF and allow me to preview.

I don't know if it's necessary but I included a Word document on this post with my screen shots.

I checked with a workmate, and this is also happening to him as well.   He said it's very frustrating.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Nothing is attached.

How big is the project (number of slides, audio)?   Did you try to preview 5 slides and is it working then?  You'll have to provide some more information.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I couldn't help but to notice that you said:

"I checked with a workmate, and this is also happening to him as well."

Does this mean you are both working on the same project? If so, does this mean the project that is freezing up is stored on a network drive?

If that's the case, that's likely the reason things are locking up. Captivate doesn't do well when you edit projects while they are stored on a network drive. Try closing Captivate and copying the project to your local C drive and see if things improve.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2010 Mar 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing a similar problem - Captivate 4 freezes 90% of the time at the "Generating slides..." step when I'm publishing a project. It does this independent of the project I'm working on - size and content of the project don't seem to matter, although it seems that the first publish attempt after the Captivate project has been opened seems to have a better chance than any successive attempts. When it freezes, I have to end the task with Windows task manager, re-open the file, and then try publishing again until it finally publishes. The project files are located on my local machine, so it's not a network- or sharing-related issue. My co-workers don't seem to be experiencing the same issue, which leads me to believe that it's something machine-specific (corrupt install or interfering 3rd party software?), but I'd like to avoid having to reinstall Captivate unless there's no other solution. For the record, I installed Captivate as part of an Adobe eLearning suite installation. Here are my machine specs:

- Lenovo Thinkpad Intel Core2 Duo CPU

- P8600 @ 2.4 GHz, 1.94 GB of RAM

- WinXP Sp3

- Captivate 4.0.0, build 1596

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2010 Mar 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You have to install the patch released in May 2009: use menu Project, Updates. Apparently the automatic Adobe Updater is not installed on your machine. This patch resolved quite a lot of issues.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2010 Mar 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try and install the Captivate update to bring your build up to 4.0.1. 1658

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Mike and Lily! I installed the update a week or two ago and haven't experienced the issue since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources