5 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2010 5:32 AM by KilePop

Crop video

willis99

Is it possible to crop a video with this software? I am shooting in macro and just want a video of my subject, so I want to crop the other portion of the video out.

My format is .mov  and 1920 x 1080

Thanks

Will

• 1. Re: Crop video
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Will,

Welcome to the forum.

A lot will depend on what you mean by "crop," and on what you want to end up with. To do what I think that you want, you would use the fixed Effect>Motion>Scale, to increase the total size of the footage. This will "zoom in" on the subject. All of the extraneous material in the scene will not be seen. The Frame Size stays the same. Now, any Scaling will degrade the image to a degree. How detrimental this is, only you can determine.

There is also a Crop Effect, but this just cuts out the background, does not increase the size of the subject, and places black borders around the subject.

Let us know exactly what you wish to end up with, and someone can direct you.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Crop video
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Note, however, that you may have some challenges with this particular format. It looks like it's possibly a non-standard video format -- and that can mean you'll likely be struggling with it in Premiere Elements.

Is this from a still camera?

What type of camcorder did it come from and how did you get it into your computer?

• 3. Re: Crop video
              KilePop

Hi! I used VisiCrop earlier. I think it's a very simple program.

• 4. Re: Crop video
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I am not familiar with this program. Is it a stand-alone, or a plug-in for PrE?

Is THIS the program that you are referring to?

Thanks,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Crop video
                  KilePop Level 1

Yep, it is. visifly.com.