1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2010 3:57 PM by John Waller

Some Remote Server Files Missing

jmct49

Hi, I am using Dreamweaver CS3. I have uploaded a number of web pages recently. From time to time, I cross check the files on my local site and the remote server to see any discrepancies. I found out that some of my files are missing on the remote server. I checked online to see if the missing files are indeed dead landing pages. Ironically, I do not have any problems seeing the missing files online. They appear on the web browser when I click or type in the URL. If this is the case, shouldn't the remote server hold all files that are live and online? How come I can see those missing pages live and yet I cannot view their file names on the remote server? How can I and what can I do to see the complete list of remote server files? What is going on with the missing files on the remote server?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Some Remote Server Files Missing
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Which browser are you using?

Are you sure that you're not seeing a cached copy of the page stored in the browser's memory?

i.e. if you hit Refresh or Reload in the browser, that forces the browser to ask the server for a fresh copy of the page. If it then comes up blank in the browser (404 Page not found), you'll know that what Dreamweaver is showing you is correct.