This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
yes, you can still use setTimout or setInterval, but it's preferable that you use the timer class.
var oneMinuteTimer:Timer = new Timer(1000, 60);
i inserted this right after i loaded my text, but it just apeared and then disapeared and kept on rollling and looping without pausing... any suggestions?
1. 10 seconds would be 10000 ms, one minute would be 60000 ms
2. you only need this to execute 1, not 60 times
3. you need an event listener for your timer to call a function that will direct your timeline to play
4. you need a stop() in that frame.
5. you need the function mentioned in 3.
var timer:Timer = new Timer(10000, 1);
Thats the code
that looks good. any problems, now?