4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2010 5:40 PM by MVinceR

Freezing up when I try to import a clip

MVincentR

Help! I'm getting very frustrated..can't seem to figure out why it's happening. I've been using After Effects 7.0 Pro for some time now, and just last month I made a couple of videos. However, in just the past couple of weeks, I've been completely unable to import a clip. There is nothing wrong with my computer...in fact, I reformatted the hard-drive just a week ago, hoping that might fix the problem. The clips themselves aren't the issue either, as it's not so much as even letting me get to the clips in the first place....I click "import", and the second I click "file", it freezes up...it stays frozen for about 2 minutes or so, then I get a window saying "we're sorry, After Effects has crashed". Obviously, the program is useless if I can't so much as import anything into it. I even tried to drag/drop a clip into the program, and it instantly crashed before I even took my finger off the mouse button. Can anyone help me figure out what the promlem(s) might be? I'm getting a bit desperate here...it wasn't a cheap program to buy, and I'd really like to be able to use it.

Thank you in advance.