1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 24, 2010 2:43 PM by BigJohnD

HELP !! 'Help' menu not working

ssaurabhkumar_2010abc

(1)     In PageMaker 7.0.1 when I click on 'Help Topics' in 'Help' menu it brings up blank web page with an error message. However 'Help' files can be accessed from its folder in Program Files.  The problem occurs when Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser. It seems Adobe did not try to solve this problem ever. It is strange that a company like Adobe would commit such simple programming error in their software.
      One solution is to place the 'Help' file's shortcut in Quick Launch Toolbar.

Can the 'Help' menu's programming be changed to accept a different browser? Or can a shortcut of a file be placed inside pagemaker (that shows up in the PageMaker window - as a menu, inside a menu or as a clickable icon)?
      P.S.- The same question has been answered here but the replied thread is not working.

(2)     When installling, the program installs everything under "C" drive. But when I click on its 'Pictures and images' panel it shows error - "The image cannot be found. Please enter the new location - 'D:\Library\AtHome\0004261.ai'. When it never installed anything in "D" drive why it is searching there. And from where it is showing the images itself.

• 1. Re: HELP !! 'Help' menu not working
          BigJohnD Level 3

ssaurabhkumar_2010abc wrote:

(1)    One solution is to place the 'Help' file's shortcut in Quick Launch Toolbar.

Can the 'Help' menu's programming be changed to accept a different browser? Or can a shortcut of a file be placed inside pagemaker (that shows up in the PageMaker window - as a menu, inside a menu or as a clickable icon)?

Yes, your system is set up for HTML files to open up in Firefox, Chrome, whatever.

No, you can't alter anything within PM.

Remember PM reached the end of its life years ago.

ssaurabhkumar_2010abc wrote:

(2)     When installling, the program installs everything under "C" drive. But when I click on its 'Pictures and images' panel it shows error - "The image cannot be found. Please enter the new location - 'D:\Library\AtHome\0004261.ai'. When it never installed anything in "D" drive why it is searching there. And from where it is showing the images itself.

PM is looking for the CD, i.e. the D: drive.

See this page in the Adobe KB: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/328/328770.html

Remember PM reached the end of its life years ago.