6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2010 7:07 AM by brettr2

Audio in RAM preview not in real-time

brettr2 Level 1

I have an audio track in my project.  When I RAM preview my comp, the audio is slower than in real-time.  When I double click the audio file in the project pane, a mini player opens and plays the audio in real-time.  Is there something I can do to get the audio to play in real-time for RAM previewing?

• 1. Re: Audio in RAM preview not in real-time
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, it should by all means play in sync an in realtime. If it doesn't, then soemthing is not right. Does it play in sync without effects applied?

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Audio in RAM preview not in real-time
            brettr2 Level 1

Great suggestion Mylenium cause that seems to have fixed it.  I only have one fx element on my background layer.  I turned it off and the audio played in real-time.  I then turned the fx back on and RAM Previewed again.  It played in real-time there also.  Another issue is the audio was running past where I trimmed it and started after the point at which the timeline hit the beginning of the audio layer.  It was out of sync for some reason.  That isn't happening anymore either.  I'm guessing now that the audio is in real-time, it is syncing properly, according to where I have audio layers position and trimmed.

Any ideas why the fx toggle would fix it?  Thanks.

• 3. Re: Audio in RAM preview not in real-time

Probably due to lack of real physical memory, your audio preview ran away into foreverness and then choked up the actual RAM preview part. This sometimes happens and I have experienced it myself on some systems, but I have no real good explanation, either. These occurances are rather random... Doesn't work now, but works 5 minutes later. Go figure!

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Audio in RAM preview not in real-time
                brettr2 Level 1

This issue is happening again and unfortunately, toggling the fx didn't help.  Even restarting AE didn't help.

• 5. Re: Audio in RAM preview not in real-time

Have you verified your audio settings in the prefs? What happens, if you switch around outputs or adjust audio buffer delay? You may also need to check your system audio settings. Most certainly something you can fix this way.

Mylenium

• 6. Re: Audio in RAM preview not in real-time
                    brettr2 Level 1

Have you verified your audio settings in the prefs?

Where is this and what do I need to verify?

What happens, if you switch around outputs or adjust audio buffer delay?

I only have one output (Macbook).  I increased buffer delay to 1024.  No change.

You may also need to check your system audio settings.

What exactly do I check here?

Thanks.