4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2010 12:21 AM by Codefinger

Error generating PHP sample service

Codefinger Level 1

Hi all,

Running WinXP, FB4b2 (downloaded 210210), WAMP 2; Apache v2.2.11, PHP v5.2.9-2, MySQL 5.1.33.

FB4 installed fine, only exception being the Zend framework prompted me to download the latest version of Zend once FB4 had installed an older version - I left it be, preferring to go with FB4's choice of framework.

After creating a basic table in phpmyadmin and stepping through 'Connect to Data/Service', FB4 hangs for about 3-4 minutes (my system is fairy mean), and finally spits out "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\www\ZendFramework\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Pdo\Abstract.php on line 147".

MySQL table dump:

FB4v2 error log, PHP log, my WAMP phpinfo file all attached but sorry couldn't find the log referred to by Shikha in post 21, "Step 2" @ http://forums.adobe.com/message/2009071#2009071.

All help appreciated, keen to get this sucker up and running so I can explore - I'm all enthused after the Adobe REFRESH Roadshow in Auckland

- danjah

• 1. Re: Error generating PHP sample service
          sudhirm-rRcgag Adobe Employee

Hi Danjah,

I was able to successfully import the table, connect to db, and generate php service without any issues.

Set the max_execution_time to a larger number (say, 120) in your php.ini, and check if that solves your problem.

max_execution_time = 120 ;

Thanks,

Sudhir

• 2. Re: Error generating PHP sample service
            Codefinger Level 1

Hi Sudhirm,

Thanks for your reply, I gave that a shot, initially boosting it to 120 as suggested. I got the same error after 120 passed, the FB4 error duly noted that the length of time had expired (it said 120 instead of the old 30). So I then tried at 360. I also went to bed

When I woke up in the morning, the error was thusly:

Server error SQLSTATE[HY000] [2013] Lost connection to  MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 0

Any further thoughts? I thought maybe on the off-chance that my quals were awry, I tried every flavour of username/login to access my mysql db (reason being I didn't have u/p set up, but do now), but it's definately 'admin' and 'password'.

- danjah

[[Edit]]

After further testing, and running through these steps on another machine (XPSP2, WAMP2, FB4b2), I got the same results; first the timeouts, and then the error after increasing the max execution var to 360. I really, really don't want to use my time debugging database tables or php configurations - I just want to get busy with some cool stuff. So if anyone has a wicked link that can help give me a crash course in debugging this stuff quickly, or any suggestions, I'm offering a free beer if you travel to Wellington

[[Edit]]

Not providing a port number in the mysqli call allows connection, I'm guessing my mysql program is not listening to port 80?

• 3. Re: Error generating PHP sample service
              sudhirm-rRcgag Adobe Employee

3306 is the default MySQL port number. You should specify this as your server port, unless your server is listening to a different port

-Sudhir

• 4. Re: Error generating PHP sample service
                Codefinger Level 1

Bingo. Sometimes it's the little things, thanks for the lesson in debugging sudhirm, I needed it!