4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2011 11:43 AM by RogersMc

Clearing Developed Settings

CarlRMorgan Level 1

Hi

Would anyone be so kind as to explain how I may be able to clear saved settings from my 'Develop Settings Bank'? In Camera Raw I can save my settings to be used again in Bridge by right clicking on an image and choosing develop settings and choosing my saved settings. When new to Camera Raw I experimented with (now) needless settings and I wish to clear them.

Any explanation would be gratefully received. Many thanks

Carl

• 1. Re: Clearing Developed Settings
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

CarlRMorgan wrote:

Would anyone be so kind as to explain how I may be able to clear saved settings from my 'Develop Settings Bank'?

You are going to have to be more precise in the term you are using...do you meant "Presets" or Snapshots"? Big difference...

(and no, there is no 'Develop Settings Bank')

• 2. Re: Clearing Developed Settings
            Peter DL Level 1

>>In Camera Raw I can save my settings to be used again in Bridge by right clicking on an image and choosing develop settings and choosing my saved settings. When new to Camera Raw I experimented with (now) needless settings and I wish to clear them.<<

Yes, in Bridge, upon right-click on an image, all Presets created earlier are listed under Development Settings. You can delete such Presets in Camera Raw, in the Presets tab (see trash icon). Or, in Windows Vista the related xmp files are found under: User > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Camera Raw > Settings.

• 3. Re: Clearing Developed Settings
              CarlRMorgan Level 1

Thanks for your reply - appreciated!

• 4. Re: Clearing Developed Settings
                RogersMc

Wow, that actually worked.  I've been trying to figure this out for days now.  Should have come here first.  I feel like a complete moron as that was much simpler than I thought it would be.

Cheers

RogersMC