7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2008 2:29 PM by DanoTeads

Creating a DVD

DanoTeads
      Hi there.

OK, so I've done web design, however, I'm writing a book with an accompanying DVD, and I created a website for the DVD.

When I copied the website to the DVD, of course it gave links back to my hard drive (G: in this case) rather than the source DVD. That will be a problem...

Any suggestions? I'm sure it's not a difficult one, I'm just not clear on how to do this and I checked the Help as well as the forums here -- couldn't find the exact answer.

Thanks!

Dan
        • 1. Re: Creating a DVD
          gaurav_ch Level 1
          HI,

Just make the links relative to the folder just like we do in web designing.

Gaurav
          www.gauravchandra.com
          • 2. Re: Creating a DVD
            chakrikisree
            make the link relative to the folder in which u copied the files just like u r website
            • 3. Re: Creating a DVD
              Level 7
              > OK, so I've done web design, however, I'm writing a book with an
              > accompanying
              > DVD, and I created a website for the DVD.

What's on the DVD? Just the web site? If so, why? Just make it a web site.

Otherwise, as stated, you'd want to use relative links for everything.

-Darrel

• 4. Re: Creating a DVD
                DanoTeads Level 1
                Thanks Gaurav,

I get what you're saying ~ I just need a reminder on how to do that. The websites I created were last year and so I'm little forgetful here.

Dan
                • 5. Re: Creating a DVD
                  DanoTeads Level 1
                  Darrel,

Why not? Do you work with network printers, routers, or switches? I do. They all have built-in HTML and they have "websites" associated with their IP.

Easiest way to navigate a DVD, seems to me. The DVD is part of a book and is not for free distribution.
                  • 6. Re: Creating a DVD
                    Level 7
                    > Why not? Do you work with network printers, routers, or switches? I do.
                    > They
                    > all have built-in HTML and they have "websites" associated with their IP.

I'm not sure what that has to do with a book. But, yea, they are all
                    basically little servers with web-based admin interfaces.

> Easiest way to navigate a DVD, seems to me. The DVD is part of a book and
                    > is
                    > not for free distribution.

Oh, well, that makes sense then if you don't want it distributed online.

I was mainly asking what kind of DVD are you making? A data CD or a DVD that
                    you'd watch in a DVD player? If the latter, it'd be better to use DVD menus
                    to navigate it.

-Darrel

• 7. Re: Creating a DVD
                      DanoTeads Level 1
                      Thanks Darrel for clarifying ~

Sorry to jump ugly... Yes, it's a data DVD... Just a tad sensitive that I can't get this to work yet when I should know better!

Although, I got the site to work via DVD, I'm having a rough go with that wonderful feature known as "autoplay."

Dan