3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2010 8:13 AM by the_wine_snob

Premier V8 loop DVD

Haacko Level 1

I have Premier V8 and wish to loop a

DVD.  It is a slide show which I wish to run continuously at a function.

I hope someone can give me the clue as to how to do this.

Many thanks in advance.

Tony

• 1. Re: Premier V8 loop DVD
          nealeh Level 5

PRE7 cannot do this (not sure about PRE8) but many software DVD Players can (CyberLink PowerDVD for example has an A-B repeat feature).

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Premier V8 loop DVD
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You're right, Neale. You can't do this with any version of Premiere Elements.

There are ways to hack the DVD file -- but, as Neale says, the easiest solution is just to set your DVD player to repeat.

• 3. Re: Premier V8 loop DVD
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Tony,

Many other DVD authoring programs can do this for you, without having to hit Repeat. However, that is the easiest way to do it - one button on the DVD player.

To do the creation of a Looping DVD-Video in one authoring program, Encore, you just set your Timeline (with your Video file on it) as Play First, and then set its End Action back to itself. Done. It should be similar in programs like Sony DVD Architect.

Using a full-featured authoring program would mean several things: you need to buy that program. You need to Export/Share from PrE in a format that the authoring program can use, and then you need to Import that/those file(s), into that program, and make the navigation do what you want.

Personally, I'd just use Repeat, and I already have and know Encore, but I'm lazy. If your DVD player does not have Repeat, I'd look into Sony's DVD Architect. It is not expensive, and seems to do a great job. It is also a pretty full-featured authoring application.

Good luck,

Hunt