4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2007 12:47 AM by Newsgroup_User

where have they gone ? my photos ?

grahamdvddvd Level 1
      I built a web site with dreamweaver mx 2004 and all worked well on my pc.
      I uploaded it to my web host and all of the index page is there but with no photos ? the style sheet is there all text is correct but theres no photos or colours / and backgrounds are missing as well,...well actually there is 1 photo which was in another file, i deleted the photo and tried again and that photo is ok,it reapeared. i moved a photo from my image file to the good photo file but that does not appear on the site ? Ive spent hours and do not know what to do and i need some sleep !
      The web site is www.mob-jukeboxes if anybody can help ? I deleted everything and started again, adding the style sheet and the webpages to see if i could fathom out whats happening ! any help would be welcomed thanks
        • 1. Re: where have they gone ? my photos ?
          your images are in the wrong place. your page thinks they're in this folder: /homepagejukeboxes/ when they're not. you need to fix your image sources to point to the correct place, or move the images into that folder.
          • 2. Re: where have they gone ? my photos ?
            i'd also recommend you check your site in Firefox as well as IE.
            • 3. Re: where have they gone ? my photos ?
              grahamdvddvd Level 1
              Hi do all the images have to be in the same folder ? I moved some from the image folder into the same one as the small picx on the left hand side that first appeared then saved the move and then uploaded the index page and it appeared !
              Do the images have to be in the same folder as the web page ie the index page folder , does it have to have all the images assoeated with it in its folder ?
              I just had seperate folders with images in and seperate folders with buttons in and seperate folders wit web pages etc in ? does that make sense ?
              • 4. Re: where have they gone ? my photos ?
                Level 7
                On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 22:20:11 +0000 (UTC), "grahamdvddvd"
                <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>Hi do all the images have to be in the same folder ? I moved some from the
                >image folder into the same one as the small picx on the left hand side that
                >first appeared then saved the move and then uploaded the index page and it
                >appeared !

No - the images can in theory be in any folder - but most people seem
                to put images in one folder - something like "img" or "image".

> Do the images have to be in the same folder as the web page ie the index page
                >folder , does it have to have all the images assoeated with it in its folder ?

No - as long as the links to them are correct in the html

> I just had seperate folders with images in and seperate folders with buttons
                >in and seperate folders wit web pages etc in ? does that make sense ?

that's a good way to do it and what most sites seem to do.

For a small site with just a page or two and a few images - you could
                keep all files in the one root folder - but to create some sort of
                order and make it easy to maintain sites have a number of folders.
                Even the html files will have a variety of folders to logically
                organise the material.

Dreamweaver manages the links - so if you move files around, create
                new folders etc - it updates the links. .

There's a video tutorial here
                http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/video_workshop/?id=vid0149

and put "links" into Dw's help system for lots of help

--

~Malcolm N....
                ~