2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2010 10:05 AM by gregbown

Video playback is broken in trunk?

gregbown

As of 2/21 my code started getting this error so I checked the example player and it too was generating the same error.

I was alarmed because usually the code is pretty stable and this error is fatal.

I noticed it excludes quite a few more classes so I tried comenting the exclude statments out to no avail

Running example player

VerifyError: Error #1014: Class org.osmf.net::PortProtocol could not be found.

at global$init()
          at org.osmf.net::NetLoader()[C:\wamp\www\flashbuilder\ExamplePlayer\org\osmf\net\NetLoader.a s:80]
          at org.osmf.net.httpstreaming::HTTPStreamingNetLoader()[C:\wamp\www\flashbuilder\ExamplePlay er\org\osmf\net\httpstreaming\HTTPStreamingNetLoader.as:61]
          at org.osmf.media::LoadableElementBase/setLoaderForResource()[C:\wamp\www\flashbuilder\Examp lePlayer\org\osmf\media\LoadableElementBase.as:192]
          at org.osmf.media::LoadableElementBase/set resource()[C:\wamp\www\flashbuilder\ExamplePlayer\org\osmf\media\LoadableElementBase.as:8 5]
          at org.osmf.media::LoadableElementBase()[C:\wamp\www\flashbuilder\ExamplePlayer\org\osmf\med ia\LoadableElementBase.as:75]
          at org.osmf.elements::VideoElement()[C:\wamp\www\flashbuilder\ExamplePlayer\org\osmf\element s\VideoElement.as:136]
          at <anonymous>()[C:\wamp\www\flashbuilder\ExamplePlayer\org\osmf\examples\AllExamples.as:140 ]
          at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
          at org.osmf.examples::Example/get mediaElement()[C:\wamp\www\flashbuilder\ExamplePlayer\org\osmf\examples\Example.as:63]
          at org.osmf.view::MainWindow/onExampleListSelect()[C:\wamp\www\flashbuilder\ExamplePlayer\or g\osmf\view\MainWindow.as:154]
          at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
          at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
          at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()[E:\dev\gumbo_beta2\frameworks\projects\framework\src \mx\core\UIComponent.as:11749]
          at mx.controls.listClasses::ListBase/mouseUpHandler()[E:\dev\gumbo_beta2\frameworks\projects \framework\src\mx\controls\listClasses\ListBase.as:10156]
          at mx.controls::List/mouseUpHandler()[E:\dev\gumbo_beta2\frameworks\projects\framework\src\m x\controls\List.as:2474]

Thanks

Greg

• 1. Re: Video playback is broken in trunk?
          bringrags Level 4

This looks like a code mismatch -- we recently added the PortProtocol class, is it possible you have code that references it without actually having the class itself?  I'd recommend you sync again.

• 2. Re: Video playback is broken in trunk?
            gregbown Level 1

I do have the class but it must have been something like that because it is working after the last update, end of Tuesday.

Thank you and your team for all your hard work!  It has made developing a large scale media player so much easier because I can focus on UI and application specific issues.

I am using OSMF for a large component that will go live on several corporate sites in March so I get a little freaked out when it throws an error... Sorry.

Thanks again

Greg