3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2010 9:35 AM by JoyceEvans

Default Optimize Settings?

Dax_Arroway

Whenever I open FW CS4, it automatically has GIF in the Optimize pane.  Of course if I open another file format it will change but when I scan in images, they get opened as .gif images by default even though I set the file type as jpg in the scanner settings.  How can I get FW CS4 to default to jpg 80%, as this is most often the settings I wish to save to.  Currently I have to keep opening the image preview to change them or change them in the Optimize pane each time.  It's becoming a drag and I wish there was a way of defaulting to something other than GIF Web 216.  Is there a way???

• 1. Re: Default Optimize Settings?
          Michel Bozgounov

Hi,

I am not sure you can change default setting for optimization in Fireworks...

However, Fireworks is quite intelligent and I scan often using it, and then export as PNG32 (best quaility) or JPG @ 90%, etc.

How do you perform a scan? Maybe you should do the scan directly from Fireworks.

My suggestion is the following: Open Fireworks. File > Scan > Twain Acquire... The Scan dialog (of your scanner) will open at this point, I suppose. Preview/Scan the image. Close the scan dialog. At this point you will have the scanned file open in Fireworks, but not exported yet to any format! Ctrl+shift+X > Image Preview dialog will open. Select any format you like at this point -- JPG 90%, or JPG 80%, or PNG24/32, etc. and then export the file.

Should work pretty well. Also, you can have the Optimize panel open in Fireworks. Simply pre-define your export settings, scan, then again ctrl+shift+X and export...

You can also scan multiple documents in Fireworks. When ready, close the scane dialog, then export the files...

Hope this helps!

• 2. Re: Default Optimize Settings?
            JoyceEvans Level 3

I'd say re-check your scanner settings. i can as TIFF and they open as TIFF. FW optimize settings open according to the image.

• 3. Re: Default Optimize Settings?
              JoyceEvans Level 3

I'd say re-check your scanner settings. i can as TIFF and they open as TIFF. FW optimize settings open according to the image.