• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining components of a merged html help project into a single xpj

Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anyone out there have experience of combining components of a large merged help project say combining a Parent project with several large child projects merged in? I would need to be able to import index entries from the component items as well.

So before ..

Parent.xpj

child1.xpj

child2.xpj

child3.xpj

After

Parent.xpj with all other stuff added in.

If I was to pursue such an option I have very a limited timescale in which to do it ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I suggest that if time is limited, this may not be the best time to go down this route? It can be done by importing the HTM topics from each child into the master but you'll have issues with the index keywords not coming across. You could manually copy/paste the contents of the child project .hhk files into the master project to see if that works. What about other things like context sensitive help, remote topic links though? As I said, it can be done but whether you have time to solve any other issues...

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I tend to agree with Colum. Importing the topics is the safer way to go. I am just now adding another module's topics to our Knowleedge Base. As for the indexing. we will do that topic by topic as time permits. Note that with the RH full text search, all topics are searchable across what were your multiple projects. I just tested this again yesterday by using a search term that I know was in the new topics for not the old ones. Most of our users are quite comfortable with the text search and tend to not use the index keys very much. We are in a Tech Support environment and using the AIR help output as it provides the community feedback and updating capability that is important here.

Hope my expereinces are helpful

Best

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp