7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2010 5:10 PM by Nicacio

Dragging clips in PRE 7

Nicacio

When I drag the clips to the sceneline all of them get into the first rectangle. How I can place each clip into each rectangle.

Thanks in advance.

Nicacio

• 1. Re: Dragging clips in PRE 7
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Are you using AVCHD material? Does it have DD 5.1 SS Audio? Did you setup your Project with the proper Preset? If AVCHD w/ DD 5.1 SS, that is correct. If you did not set it up with DD 5.1 SS, you will need to.

When you go to Timeline View Mode, do you see the DD 5.1 SS on a much lower Audio Track? Note: you may need to scroll to find it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Dragging clips in PRE 7
            Nicacio Level 1

Bill, thanks for your help.

I,m not using hd video, just a Sony camcorder with MPEG format. I copy all clips to an external drive and usin the get media to inport them to PRE7.

The settings are HDV set to :

HDisk, flash memory, camcorder

Wide screen 48khz

HVD 720 p30

Windows vista 64

Thanks.

Nicacio

• 3. Re: Dragging clips in PRE 7
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which model of camcorder are you using and how did you get it into your computer?

As Hunt indicates, this does sound like a mismatch between footage and project setting. This could especially be true if you used another program to capture this video and then imported it into Premiere Elements.

If you're browsing for the files directly off a memory card, it could also be that your scene breaks aren't true scene breaks -- and Premiere Elements sees this as just one, long video clip.

• 4. Re: Dragging clips in PRE 7
                Nicacio Level 1

Thanks for your help.

Yesterday I received a copy of your book.

My camcorder is a Sony DCR-SR200.

The original software that came with the camcorder is win XP and I'm using win vista 64 so I can't use the Sony utilities to handle the clips.

I copy the clips from the camcorder HD to a folder in en external drive. From there I "get them" to PRE 7.

Again thanks a lot for your help.

Nicacio

• 5. Re: Dragging clips in PRE 7
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Looks like it records in MPEG-2 w/ Surround Sound, per this SPEC SHEET.

It is most likely that AC3 DD 5.1 SS Audio, that is causing you the issue.

When you switch to the Timeline View Mode, do you see the Audio on a lower Audio Track? Not 100% sure about the possible Project Presets, but to use Sceneline, you will need to choose one, that both matches the source footage, and also the Audio. If you need to know exactly what the specs. of the output files are, G-Spot, the free utility, will give you the complete specs. That will help you choose the correct Project Preset.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Dragging clips in PRE 7
                    Nicacio Level 1

Bill, I install the G-Spot utility and you are right, the file is AC3. I look into the settings and didn't find where i can change the audio settings.

Maybe I have to convert the clips to avi or any other format. Anyway I have no idea what the next step will be, which in some way is frustrating because

I move from Sony vegas to PRE 7 thinking that will  be friendly transition and now i have this format issue.Thanks a lot for your help. I will apreciate if you can provide some light to solve this problem.

Again thanks in advance.

Nicacio.

• 7. Re: Dragging clips in PRE 7
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

One of the users of PrE 7 will have to give you the Preset to choose. I only have PrE 4, so I do not have exactly what you do. I know that as of PrE 7, and PrE 8, there are DD 5.1 SS Presets, but do not know the particulars.

Until they come forth with the exact Presets, you can still use the Timeline View Mode, and work with your files, so long as the rest of the specs. match.

Good luck, and sorry that I cannot give you the exact preset to use - others can and surly will.

Hunt