• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I specify WebHelp window size and location?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2010 Feb 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting over my pride and asking what I assume is a very elementary question:

When my WebHelp comes up, I want the browser window to be a specific size and appear at a specific location on the screen.  Where do I specify this?  Clearly not under WINDOWS...that doesn't seem to work.  Do I need to write it into the target .htm file?

Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a window created whilst WebHelp is youe default single source layout you'll find various window options. The default otpion is to use the user's default browser settings. With this selected it is down to the end user's settings where the window appears and how it appears. If you deselect this optino you have some control how the window placement appears.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Colum is spot on *IF* you are presenting your WebHelp using the WebHelp API. If you aren't doing that, the WebHelp window definition will be about as useful as Donny Osmond's old Clearasil empties!

If you are just opening WebHelp into a standard browser and not opening via the WebHelp API, you can still accomplish this, but it will require custom coding your start page to size and position itself. Use Google to locate some JavaScript sites. Usually those offer this type of manipulation. I think it involves a window.moveto or some such.

Click here to view one

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp