1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 23, 2010 2:04 PM by the_wine_snob

Adobe Elements 8 problem - slow video playback

Patočkova

Hello,

I bought Adobe premiere Elements 8 and have a problem with video playback. When i insert any type of video(avi,mpg,divx) and want to edit, the sound is ok, but the video repeatedly "stops and goes" and it makes the editing impossible. I have this computer - Hp Pavilion
      http://www.alza.cz/hp-pavilion-dv6-xxxx-d137712.htm   with 64bit W7.

I tried it also on

http://notebook.cz/clanky/recenze-notebook/2007/Lenovo-ThinkPad-R61/ also with 64 bit W7   and it was the same story.

this goes as well for premiere 7 and i had a chance to try also premiere CS4. All have the same problem. Slow video playback or no video at all, but sound goes fine.

I tried some codects, but it did not work.

Than i tried Pinncle 14 Ultimate Edition and that goes perfectly ok. So i am starting to think, that W7 is to blame(although apart from that it is great) as i hear that on XP i would not have this problem.

Can anybody help?

Thank you,

Filip

• 1. Re: Adobe Elements 8 problem - slow video playback
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, saying AVI, MPEG, MOV is pretty much meaningless. Those are but wrappers. It is what is inside those wrappers that really counts. This ARTICLE will give you background, and tell you how to "peek" inside the wrappers.

Now, do your Imported AV files have a red line above the Clips, just below the Timeline Ruler? If so, hit Enter to Render. This is for playback only, but should get you a green line, in lieu of the red one. That should help.

Also, can you give us complete details on your system, when you let us know what is inside the wrappers.

Good luck,

Hunt