3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2010 2:13 PM by DimitriM

Scripting Help

Undeckkid Level 1

Hey guys, i'm not even sure if this is the correct place for this question, but i'm just as lost navigating the forums as i navigating the scripting options.

I have a copy of Acrobat Pro 9 and i'm trying to set up a PDF but i have no experience with any sort of programing.

The problem is this:

I have Field A; Field B and Field C.

I want Field C to calculate a number based on Field A BUT i don't want it to appear at all unless Field B is a certain number.

Example:

Field A is 15

Field B is 4

I want Field C to be Field A - 10, BUT i don't want Field C to display at all UNLESS Field B is 5<

Does that make sense?

• 1. Re: Scripting Help
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

This is the code to achieve this (place in Field C's custom calculation

field):

if (this.getField("Field B").value<5) {

event.target.display = display.hidden;

} else {

event.target.display = display.visible;

event.value = this.getField("Field A").value - 10;

}

You will need to adjust the field names if they don't exactly match your

fields.

I also suggest you search online, there are some pretty good tutorials out

there about this subject.

• 2. Re: Scripting Help
            Undeckkid Level 1

Thanks Try.

That was really helpful, and i'm sure with a little trial and error i can modify it for use in many situations.

I would love to read some tutorials but I have no idea where to look or how to search. Got a suggestion or two as to a reliable site?

• 3. Re: Scripting Help
              DimitriM Level 3

Hi undeckkid,

The most comprehensive and organized site for scripting in PDF (over 13 hours of training videos and libraries of scripts and sample files) is www.pdfscripting.com

There are some free resources, but full access requires a paid membership.

There are now over 70 tutorials and articles on Acrobat and LiveCycle Designer scripting at www.acrobatusers.com.  This is also a membership site but it is free to join.  There are many resources on Acrobat and LiveCycle at this site including on-demand e-seminar recording, articles, tutorials, forums, tech talks.  If you use Acrobat and want to learn more about what you can do with it you need to give acrobatusers.com a visit.

Hope this helps,

Dimitri

WindJack Solutions

www.pdfscripting.com

www.windjack.com