4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2010 3:36 PM by the_wine_snob

EWC2 File Help

josejb70

Hi everyone,

I have HD footage in ewc2 file format I want to import into PE7 (I think it's called Canopus HQ). Can anyone offer help on how do I go about it?

Thanks!

Jose

• 1. Re: EWC2 File Help
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You'll definitely need to convert it to a more standard format (like an HDV MPEG2). I'm just not sure what software to recommend for doing this.

Hopefully, someone else will.

• 2. Re: EWC2 File Help
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Sorry, but I cannot find anything about that format. Even the Canopus/Grass Valley site does not recognize it.

Where did these files come from?

Have you run it through the free utility, G-Spot? What does it say about the file?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: EWC2 File Help
              josejb70 Level 1

Bill, Steve,

Thanks for your replies! I got the footage from the videographer. The ewc2 file is Canopus HQ resulting from him capturing the HD tape with Edius.

As it turns out, he spoke with Grass Valley whom recommended exactly what Steve suggested. So, he converted the ewc2 file to MPEG2 and is bringing it to me tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks again!

Jose

• 4. Re: EWC2 File Help
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Jose,

Thank you for the clarification. I wonder why searching Grass Valley's site did not yield tons of hits for one of their own formats.

Appreciated, and good luck,

Hunt