6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2010 7:52 AM by dodelinedesign1

Help!!  Hotspots in a slideshow?

dodelinedesign1

I'm having the worst time figuring this out.  Is it possible to create a fireworks slideshow that has hotspots, and then export that into dreamweaver?  I'm sure it must be, but I have been fighting it with it for awhile and have yet to figure it out.  Please help!

• 1. Re: Help!!  Hotspots in a slideshow?
          JoyceEvans Level 3

Are you using the "Create Slideshow" command in Fireworks? If so, no. It generates a Flash movie which uses an XML file to draw in the images. The images can be made clickable. What is it you are trying to do?

• 2. Re: Help!!  Hotspots in a slideshow?
            dodelinedesign1 Level 1

Thanks -- I need to make a slideshow of catalog pages and make the ads clickable.  Any ideas on how I should do it?

• 3. Re: Help!!  Hotspots in a slideshow?
              JoyceEvans Level 3

OK, let's see if I understand :-) The slideshow will be images, a whole page? Please describe. Will it be catalog items, a pic of an entire page? In the slideshow you can make each image clickable that will take them to another page (HTML instead of Flash) on that page ypu can have ad (clickable) and catalog image/page full size.

As far as doing all this in Fireworks...not sure. I need more info

• 4. Re: Help!!  Hotspots in a slideshow?
                dodelinedesign1 Level 1

Thanks so much for trying to help :-)

Here is a link to what I have...

http://atleventguide.intuitwebsites.com/

Click on "inside this issue."  This is just a basic mockup of the site, but you can see that the client wants to have images of the pages of their publication that you can browse and have their advertising be clickable so it takes you to Coke's site for example.  The example you see there I did in Flash, but I was having trouble making the hotspots be active at the right time -- i.e. right now Morningside market is clickable even when the image is not up, and then it goes away and the hotspots I have on Coke aren't working.

The client also wants to have links to each page by number i.e. Front Cover/1-2/2-3.  So I saw that that part would be easy to do in Fireworks, but can't figure out the clickable aspect.  Then on the other hand, in Flash, I can't get it all to work either.

I'm stuck in the middle -- I can only get half of what I need to accomplished and can't figure out how to get it all.  Thanks so much if you have any advice!

• 5. Re: Help!!  Hotspots in a slideshow?
                  JoyceEvans Level 3

Seems like Flash is probably the way to go and I'm no Flash expert (disclaimer :-) but each page is on it's own layer? Or clip? If so I don't see why a hotspot can't be used on each and work. You may want to try the Flash forums. Sounds like it should be an easy fix. Sorry I can't be of more help.

• 6. Re: Help!!  Hotspots in a slideshow?
                    dodelinedesign1 Level 1

I did a movie clip for the slideshow...hmm, I'll re-post in the Flash forum I suppose.  Thanks so much for your help though!