7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2010 9:23 AM by PBodytko

Video Clip Not Playing On Live Site

DrewPaluRebDre

I have added a f4v clip to a project I am creating. . .  and I cannot get it to play on the site.  I am coping all the asset files to my site, but it still does not play.  When I run the project from Catylist everything plays just fine, it is only when I publish and post it to my site that the file does not play.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
      Drew

• 1. Re: Video Clip Not Playing On Live Site
          PBodytko Level 1

what exactly is happening when you try to play? Is it possible that your server is too slow and the video times out?

• 2. Re: Video Clip Not Playing On Live Site
            DrewPaluRebDre Level 1

Nothing happens.  It even seems the video is the wrong size. . .  This is a link to the project, test.rebeccaanddrew.com/sizing.asp -- the video is under the "How To" section.

• 3. Re: Video Clip Not Playing On Live Site
              PBodytko Level 1

The link you gave me is password protected...

-------

Yesterday I had a simmilar experience -- thie video simply would not play from the web on two computers I treied for the first time. It played on my main computer. It turned out that it played on my main computer because I had it is a cache. The video was not on the web server anymore -- I removed it when I updated the site and did not notice that it wasn't there. Once I rechecked the files on the server, it worked again.

However I have another problem regarding video and I am not sure what causes it. The video of the waves on pg2 and 3 stops playing when I trigger a page or state change -- it is strange since the main intro video will keep playing until the end, regardless of how many pages I change... I am trying to use the loop ocean waves behind the menus and I have it marked as auto-start and repeat...

http://www.opotion.com/tests/video3/

• 4. Re: Video Clip Not Playing On Live Site
                DrewPaluRebDre Level 1

The username is to the site is rad, the password is rad12345.

---

I am sure that the video files are on my server.  I am using the wireframe video controls, and that are not working.  I added a screen capture.  Screen shot 2010-02-25 at 9.39.08 AM.png

---

I checked out your site.  i see the problem you mentioned, but I have no idea what might be behind it. . .  perhaps there needs to be an autostart and loop function added to the video in each state.

• 5. Re: Video Clip Not Playing On Live Site
                  PBodytko Level 1

I noticed that your site is asp driven... Does the video work when you upload the "deploy to web" folder content to the server? (from a simple html file --  I usually rename the "main.html" to "index.html" and point the browser to the web folder containing it)

>>>>I checked out your site.  i see the problem you mentioned, but I have no idea what might be behind it. . .  perhaps there needs to be an autostart and loop function added to the video in each state.

I finally narrowed down the issue... This must be a bug!

It turnes out the video will play throughout all PAGES / STATES only when it starts playing on the DEFAULT PAGE. Since my loop video was starting on the second page, it would stop when you go to any other page or use button -- even though it was marked to loop. The fix was to put the video outside of the vewing area on DEFAULT page. Now it works.

Btw. The autostart & loop functions reamain the same throughout all the states. They can not be changed for each state individually (at least in this beta)

• 6. Re: Video Clip Not Playing On Live Site
                    DrewPaluRebDre Level 1

I have uploaded all the "deploy to web" folders contents, no luck.  for some reason the main swf file is not including the embedded flv file on the How To page.

• 7. Re: Video Clip Not Playing On Live Site
                      PBodytko Level 1

I uploaded my f4v files myself into the "media" folder on the web... This

way I can simply replace the video files when I want to make a change.