• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unauthorized link to Windows Glossary

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a RH7 HTML help project. The TOC of which consists of links to html files in the parent project and to Merged Projects.

It has a TOC and Index but no Glossary. There was a Link to a Merged Project which was a standalone Glossary.chm

The Glossary link was removed, the Glossary.chm deleted and there is no baggage file.

The problem is, if I now carry out a search for Glossary, it still displays a link. However, selecting the link displays a script error message and the target is to the Windows Glossary (not at my request) and the result is not pretty!!.

Question: Does anyone know how do I delete this reference correctly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve.

If you were using merged CHMs, the chances are that your project's .HHP file has a [MERGED FILES] section near the bottom which still has a reference to the glossary project's CHM. Take a backup of this file, open it up in Notepad and remove the relevant line. It may also be worth renaming the projects .CPD file before reopening the project.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colum,

Many thanks for the advice, it worked.

As you suspected, there was still an old entry named 'Glossary.chm' Editing the HHP file by removing this cobweb fixed the problem. It no longer picks up a Glossary link. I still do not understand why it searched outside of the RH environment and linked to the Windows Glossary but I can survive in ignorance if I have to.

Thanks again.

Regards

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp