0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2010 1:26 PM by mjohansen85

Problem Installing Adobe Flex Builder 3 (Standalone)

mjohansen85

I have attempted a few times today to install the Flex Builder 3 standalone file, but I am having issues. I am currently using Adobe CS4 Design Premium on my computer.

I am new to this type of application development.  Currently, I mainly used flash to create my interactive applications, but I need to branch out to create more complex applications.  As I already know actionscript 3.0, I was interesting into getting into Flex.  I do not know Javascript, C++, etc.

Once I download the standalone file to my desktop and run the installer, I do not choose to download Flash Player 9 because I already have nor do I choose do download the Coldfusion or JSEclipse Plug-in as I do not have Eclipse on my computer (it comes with the standalone as I have been led to believe).  After running the installer, it almost gets to the end and then I get the following error message:

Error Msg.jpg

I click OK, it finishes the install and says

Error Msg 2.jpg

I go to the log file and get the following:

!SESSION 2010-02-24 16:22:40.424 -----------------------------------------------
      eclipse.buildId=unknown
      java.version=1.5.0_11
      java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
      BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
      Framework arguments:  -application org.eclipse.update.core.standaloneUpdate -command install -from file:\C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\com.adobe.flexbuilder.update.site/ -featureId com.adobe.flexbuilder.feature.standalone -version 3.0.214193
      Command-line arguments:  -application org.eclipse.update.core.standaloneUpdate -command install -from file:\C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\com.adobe.flexbuilder.update.site/ -featureId com.adobe.flexbuilder.feature.standalone -version 3.0.214193

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.core 4 0 2010-02-24 16:22:44.799
      !MESSAGE Cannot install featurecom.adobe.flexbuilder.feature.standalone 3.0.214193

Can anybody help me on this?  Is there something I missing prior to download?