3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2010 4:41 AM by 404-guy

Is there any way to programmatically select photos?

404-guy

I'd like to programmatically select photographs in a catalog based on the contents of a file (containing image names). Is this possible? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Is there any way to programmatically select photos?
          JW Stephenson Level 4

If your goal is to run a script that when completed leaves your Catalog in grid mode with certain images selected, i.e., highlighted, then I don't believe there is currently a method available with the SDK.  I might be wrong so please wait for others to respond as well.

You can of course scan the entire catalog and perform certain actions for images meeting your criteria (containing image names) if that is your ultimate goal.  This will entail studying the SDK manual, sample plug-ins, etc. all of which involves learning the lua language to some extent.  The SDK has many limitations but I doubt that its functionality is complete at this point so it may be worth your while to start the learning process.  I only dabble a bit but find it somewhat fascinating.

Also, you might be able to solicit someone from this forum to write the plug-in for you, for a fee of course.  I would suspect a little more information might be necessary.

Jeff

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is there any way to programmatically select photos?
            areohbee Level 5

I dont think there is a way to do it, yet.

This would be useful, and I'm going to reinforce the point by an official feature request post.

Thanks for the idea/reminder.

Rob

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Is there any way to programmatically select photos?
              404-guy Level 1

Thanks Rob, Jeff - very helpful!